sonnb - Stop Spam Here [Deleted]

Oh, since it isin't targetted on you; you shouldn't have a problem then.

If you disable registrations temporarily that would keep out the spammers. Another good xenforo plugin to use with Stop Spam Here is: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tpu-detect-and-block-spam-registrations.2973/ (it works fine in XF 1.5)

Since using that plugin, spam registrations have been further reduced to nearly zero.

In the settings for that addon, add the following too:

Visitor hostname:
reject|connexionplus
reject|Choopa

AS Name:
reject|Airtel
reject|Comsats
reject|PKTelekom
reject|ASN45595

These settings will block most of the spammers originating in pakistan and other places.

Hi I have been using sonnbStopSpamHere along with all the recommended plug ins which has worked awesome for years. Lately I have been getting major attacks with spam hidden files in the main directory. I have been on the phone with godaddy for 1.5 weeks.
The spam has stopped the day I installed it all, but now I am wondering if it is outdated? Would this lead to ftp files being hacked? they are the same files, as soon as I delete them, 2 hours later they are back, 4 at most.
You can see the file names in the pic...stable.php, like.php,opinoin.php,stunning and networthy.php any input would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry to hear that but this is not spamming but hacking. You likely are hacked using shell or local attack. The zip file you are showing probably is the archive of all your files. Please check with host provider or change to new one.

Host is not doing anything ( godaddy) , I thought I had it whooped with gotmls.net , it for sure deleted the files but they are getting back in. :( It is not sonnb plug ins. I wish they had a malware plugin like gotmls.net

I agree I will probably have to move host. What a hassle.

Oh, since it isin't targetted on you; you shouldn't have a problem then.

If you disable registrations temporarily that would keep out the spammers. Another good xenforo plugin to use with Stop Spam Here is: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tpu-detect-and-block-spam-registrations.2973/ (it works fine in XF 1.5)

Since using that plugin, spam registrations have been further reduced to nearly zero.

In the settings for that addon, add the following too:

Visitor hostname:

AS Name:

These settings will block most of the spammers originating in pakistan and other places.

Thanks! Although I don't understand all of that, lol . They are adding .php files in the main folder that send out links. I thought I had it beat and there they are again. I just changed the password to one that is a mile long,
but, i'm not sure if that will do it. Switching servers is such a downer. I have moved so many times, not for this, but because of different reasons. slow, cant get to root, to expensive etc. I am seeing lots of hits from Russia Federate.
I use to have a guy on here that I paid to help with this kinda stuff. But I lost his email when I updated to windows 10.

Also Jordan, Sonnb has done a most excellent job on blocking spammers. I have not had any since I uploaded those plug ins a few years ago. This is something internal, I delete the .php file and 4 hours later it will be back. If I let it go to long it will take down my forum.
I need something for malware that works like wordpress plug in sucuri or equivalent Unless you think the one you recommend will work.

This is something internal, I delete the .php file and 4 hours later it will be back.
Unless you think the one you recommend will work.
No, it won't work.
Your site's infected, you have to clear it from that infection.
That php file will be created again and again.

I installed this the other day and everything was setup just fine.
I went to check on a setting today and I see I can't select any forums/nodes to apply the setting to..
I see this error on all sections for sonnb's spam mod. I can select forums in other parts of the site, but not through this mods options.. Thoughts?

Applicable Nodes
  • Error
    The PHP callback sonnbStopSpamHere_Listener::renderNodes is not valid. It will not be possible to display this option until the problem is resolved by editing the option definition.
  • Wherever we would call Akismet API to check the being posted content

spam.webp

I installed this the other day and everything was setup just fine.
I went to check on a setting today and I see I can't select any forums/nodes to apply the setting to..
I see this error on all sections for sonnb's spam mod. I can select forums in other parts of the site, but not through this mods options.. Thoughts?

Applicable Nodes
  • Error
    The PHP callback sonnbStopSpamHere_Listener::renderNodes is not valid. It will not be possible to display this option until the problem is resolved by editing the option definition.
  • Wherever we would call Akismet API to check the being posted content

View attachment 135710
Could you check the add-on files? It seem the class library/sonnbStopSpamHere/Listener.php no longer exist?

Ah you're right, that whole folder was gone...
This server is fancy, or a PITA depending on how you look at it. I don't think that folder sync'd correctly when we're backing the forums up.

So ya, it's looking much better now that all the files are in place. :)

thank you

I would assume so @sonnb. I just purchased this less than 2 months ago. Here's an image of the plugins that should show version numbers:

sonb.png

I would assume so @sonnb. I just purchased this less than 2 months ago. Here's an image of the plugins that should show version numbers:

sonb.png
I have just tried with Stop Spam Here 1.3.0 and XF 1.5.10 but I still able to receive new PM once the registration is completed. Could you try again with only Stop Spam Here enabled?

Just bought the addon.
I got below error when trying to install it:

Error Info:
ErrorException: A non-numeric value encountered - library/XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php:327

Stack Trace:

#0 /home/a/akaforucom/AKAForums.COM/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php(327): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'A non-numeric v...', '/home/a/akaforu...', 327, Array)
#1 /home/a/akaforucom/AKAForums.COM/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Option.php(222): XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_validateOptionValuePreSave('')
#2 /home/a/akaforucom/AKAForums.COM/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1460): XenForo_DataWriter_Option->_preSave()
#3 /home/a/akaforucom/AKAForums.COM/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1399): XenForo_DataWriter->preSave()
#4 /home/a/akaforucom/AKAForums.COM/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Option.php(1131): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#5 /home/a/akaforucom/AKAForums.COM/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(324): XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), 'sonnbStopSpamHe...')
#6 /home/a/akaforucom/AKAForums.COM/public_html/library/XenCentral/Framework/Model/AddOn.php(24): XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), 'sonnbStopSpamHe...')
#7 /home/a/akaforucom/AKAForums.COM/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(226): XenCentral_Framework_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), 'sonnbStopSpamHe...')
#8 /home/a/akaforucom/AKAForums.COM/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php(169): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml(Object(SimpleXMLElement), false)
#9 /home/a/akaforucom/AKAForums.COM/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(188): XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile('/tmp/phpnnlZWz')
#10 /home/a/akaforucom/AKAForums.COM/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall()
#11 /home/a/akaforucom/AKAForums.COM/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 /home/a/akaforucom/AKAForums.COM/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}

Request State:
array(3) {
["url"] => string(53) "http://www.en.akaforums.com/admin.php?add-ons/install"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["add-ons/install"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["server_file"] => string(0) ""
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

I had this addon installed time a go. I want to install it again but i don't have the package anymore. I also notice that your forum isn't online. How can i download It again? Please give me a hand or anyone who has same situation.
Cheers!

I had this addon installed time a go. I want to install it again but i don't have the package anymore. I also notice that your forum isn't online. How can i download It again?
The forum is online.
Download the addon and install it.

Top Bottom