1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I'm doing to support....

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Myster Dude, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Myster Dude

Myster Dude New Member

Unfortunately I cannot purchase a XenForo at the moment, I would really love to however. But I just need to save my money to buy one. However, just because I don't have one, doesn't mean I'm not going to support XenForo. I have done my duty for my site to add an advertisement that will lead to this site. I generate thousands of users each day, and its most likely their going to click on the ad that will lead to XenForo.

For over the past 7 years of my experience as web administrator, I have seen them all. But XenForo is different, it has something that others don't. It starts off as its been on the internet for a very long time.

So without further a do, here is a picture of my ad on my site. I do however still use vBulletin 4x sadly, but once I get enough cash I'll certainly buy a XenForo License.

Attached Files:

• LOL.png
      File size:
      219.1 KB
  2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

3. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I must say, I wasn't quite expecting that! :)

Shaun :D
  4. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

Expecting what?

You can't see anything from his attachment !!!

Don't you think a link to the page would be better ??
  5. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

lol you should release this mod on .org ;)
  6. Myster Dude

Myster Dude New Member

You can't see it?
    well i dont mean to spam, but you did request a link:
  7. CBI Web

CBI Web Well-Known Member

Think about it. Right beside the vBulletin logo is an ad promoting XenForo.
  8. AnthonyCea

I'm not trying to be mean Mr. Dude, but without the link I could not tell you that no one can see the link anyway since it blends in with the background.
  9. Myster Dude

Myster Dude New Member

Well I changed the theme to default, it should be more vieable, I'll ad every ad space for XenForo now!
    Muhahahaha :p

Gee, I hope I don't get sued or my license doesn't get suspended for doing that...
  10. sami simo

sami simo Well-Known Member

I CAN see it (in the screenshot).
    I like the idea Myster dude.
  11. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

The phrase "next best" can be taken two ways. I'm assuming you mean that XenForo will soon displace the current "best" to become the new "best", but "next best" can also mean second best.
  12. Myster Dude

Myster Dude New Member

No, as in to replace all other forum platforms out there.
  13. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

In that case, you might want to add a comma - the next, best forum platform out there.
    Myster Dude likes this.
  14. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

15. Myster Dude

Myster Dude New Member

Thanks for letting me know!
    The Sandman likes this.
  16. Myster Dude

Myster Dude New Member

Everything fixed.
    Well all we have to do now is wait for the incoming traffic.
  17. AnthonyCea

Your site was not loading a few moments ago, seems like server problems, better check server load.

PS: Loading now, but really can't see the link on that layout either, you need to change the anchor text link color.
  18. Myster Dude

Myster Dude New Member

I appreciate your concern.
    However the site seems to be loading just fine. Sometimes the server is off once an awhile because its free after all. But once i get XenForo I'll be able to get that and a new host.
  19. kyrgyz

kyrgyz Well-Known Member

We have the same avatar. :) Just in case I was first. ;)
  20. Myster Dude

Myster Dude New Member

Yes, I noticed. I been using this avatar for 2 months now. But it doesn't matter I just took this off google haha. AVATAR was a great movie so I thought might as well use an avatar "as an avatar."