1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some very important questions.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by EvilCrackGod, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilCrackGod

EvilCrackGod New Member

I've noticed that my signature along with the first post I made have been removed, Why were they removed? also why has my occupation that I have set in my profile censored? have I offended someone?

2. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member

Maybe because your occupation is offensive to begin with and it censored itself? As far as your first post, you will have to take that up with a moderator.

3. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

You should probably ask a moderator in private. The censored word could be on their list of swear words.

4. crossovernetwork

crossovernetwork Active Member

I'm amazed that anyone would consider it appropriate to join a community and describe their occupation as "professional a**hole", then get mouthy when they were censored. :rolleyes:
    This is a forum which is primarily a business. promoting xenForo, the product. do you think it's an appropriate thing to do? fair enough on your own forum, but this is Kier & Mike's place of business.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You're not exactly making a good first impression when your first post is offensive and your signature contained an inappropriate image... (Same with your occupation for that matter, though that is censored.)

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Not everywhere it isn't.

It still shows uncensored in the About section on the Information tab of the profile.

7. crossovernetwork

that'll be one for the bug reports then! :)

8. Mike

Actually have that fixed locally now. :)

9. Brogan

Saves me posting that bug report thread now :)

10. EvilCrackGod

EvilCrackGod New Member

1: Being a professional ....... is a general description for what I determine as my profession but have refused to go into detail for fear of resentment from the community.
    2: Me standing up for my freedom of speech isn't exactly what I would call "mouthy"
    3: I was only displaying my opinion on the subject and did not intend to offend anyone

11. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

VTCT

Doctor likes this.
  12. Brogan

:confused:

Whassat then?

13. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

VTCT

AmericanForum.com likes this.
  14. crossovernetwork

when you're the domain registrant, and you own the forum, you have 'freedom of speech'. on somebody else's forum you don't. that's the reality.

Onimua and steven s like this.
  15. Mike

Moving on...

Doctor, Floris and Walter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.