MG 1.1 Some extra tables in database

ibaker

I have been examining my installation of XenMedia and compared it to a clean install of it.

I have found these extra tables in my install:
  1. xengallery_content_tag
  2. xengallery_content_tag_map
Also have found an extra field in the Media table called "media_caption"

Can anyone advise what these would be? Can they be deleted? etc etc etc...thanks

Thanks Cris, I have spent 2 x 12hr days trying to fix an issue with the media gallery and no matter what I tried I couldn't find a fix. The new unread flag doesn't show for me but does for users.

I installed xf and media clean and it worked.
I cross checked every permission and no good
I disabled every addon, no good
I uninstalled every add on, no good
I reverted every template, no good
I reverted every style setting, no good...I ended up with a standard xf and media site...still not working
I removed every extra usergroup, not working
With both my site and a default xf and media site open I went through every user and usergroup permission setting making my site the same as the default, still no good

And at many different times running the crons and rebuilding caches ALL NO GOOD

I have had media since you first developed it before you went to XF

My site is now stuffed because updates don't remove leftovers from previous versions etc

There is no export/import function for media. I imported my site into a new xf install with media installed and the problem was fixed but I lose all my 4,000 media items. However, all those 4,000 media files are still in the data and internal data folders bloating my site, my disk space and my backups

Finally, I exported all the individual media gallery tables plus all the attachment tables, and uninstalled media, reinstalled it and then imported every media gallery table and attachment table, which was a job and half due to the left over footprints of media not matching a new installation.

Still working on it but it seems my issue is now fixed...crikey, I am hoping mad about all this. All this is just with my local backup site, subject to further testing I still have to apply a fix to my live site which means closing it down and doing all this and reopening the site.

I have created 2 threads here about trying to resolve this and one thread didn't even get a reply regarding the site import

Last edited:
And at many different times running the crons and rebuilding caches ALL NO GOOD
I see the thread you first reported this (https://xenforo.com/community/threads/not-seeing-item-count.119982/).

Although you didn't get a response from me or another member of the team, the ball was sort of left in your court, so to speak, because your final reply in that thread suggested you were going to do some further testing.

Of course, regardless, if you feel like an issue has not been dealt with, and a problem persists, it's perfectly fine in that case to bump it. We don't necessarily guarantee any post on the forum will be replied to by a member of the development or support team, and we recommend ticket support if you require a definite staff reply or if you're experiencing a particularly troublesome issue.

Certainly if the issue is still outstanding, you're more than welcome to submit a ticket, please include one or more accounts where the issue can be reproduced/demonstrated, and FTP access. We might benefit from DB access for this issue, too, if possible (such as PhpMyAdmin).

My site is now stuffed because updates don't remove leftovers from previous versions etc
You'll have to clarify this in more detail because I'm not sure what you're referring to here or in what way your site would be "stuffed" as a result.

However, all those 4,000 media files are still in the data and internal data folders bloating my site, my disk space and my backups
When you do an XF to XF import, only the post and conversation message attachments are imported, so this doesn't seem correct.

Still working on it but it seems my issue is now fixed...crikey, I am hoping mad about all this. All this is just with my local backup site, subject to further testing I still have to apply a fix to my live site which means closing it down and doing all this and reopening the site.
As I stated above, if this XF to XF import saga has been to solve the issue you reported here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/not-seeing-item-count.119982/ then more support would have been available had you sought it, and we would have never recommended doing any of the things you took it upon yourself to do. I can't think of a single feasible issue that would ever require an XF to XF import or a complete reinstall of an add-on to solve.

To reiterate I suggest creating a ticket so we can move forward with the root issue (https://xenforo.com/community/threads/not-seeing-item-count.119982/).

Thanks Chris, you know, and I have said many times, I have a great deal of respect for you however I felt that I could not get formal support because I have addons on my live site including a completely customised menu system. Although I proved that none of these impacted the site in terms of the issue, I would have thought I would have received a standard "can't help because the site has been modified". I would had to have done the same basically as I did in removing every single addon, template modification and styling change, then uploaded that to another area for you to investigate. However this may not have replicated the issue properly.

The XF to XF import was just one of the steps I took in attempting to resolve the issue. This helped me to ascertain one step further in narrowing down the possible cause.

Do you still recomend I lodge a formal support request? Or do I just go ahead and do the rectification work to my live site?

Thanks Chris, you know, and I have said many times, I have a great deal of respect for you however I felt that I could not get formal support because I have addons on my live site including a completely customised menu system. Although I proved that none of these impacted the site in terms of the issue, I would have thought I would have received a standard "can't help because the site has been modified". I would had to have done the same basically as I did in removing every single addon, template modification and styling change, then uploaded that to another area for you to investigate. However this may not have replicated the issue properly.
We never give that response as standard. There does need to be an element of proving the issue exists without add ons and other modifications involved, but this never require you to remove anything - there is a button which disables all add ons and you can re-create the XF default style almost instantly by creating a new style with no parent. Merely disabling all add ons and using the XF default style is sufficient to prove a valid issue in this case and often takes less than a few minutes to do.

Do you still recomend I lodge a formal support request? Or do I just go ahead and do the rectification work to my live site?
I would never recommend the course of action you have taken. With that in mind and the suggestion you have proved the issue exists without influence from any modifications, yes, please submit a ticket.

Our official support times for tickets are usually office hours. Please ask for the ticket to be assigned to me. I would usually reply outside of office hours - and I will do - however this will likely be tomorrow now.

Just so you know Chris...here is a screen shot of my site with the issue:
1.webp

And here is a screen shot of the backup copy on my PC after the table export, Media reinstall and then import of Media and Attachment tables...the issue is fixed:
2.webp

Top Bottom