• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Some Errors...

Russ

Moved directories recently, not sure if this caused it just noticed it afterwards.

I'm trying to create a new style and I get this error message:

Code:
Server Error
file_put_contents(/home/xxxxxx/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.10,L.1,resource_category_sidebar_list.php) [[URL='http://xxxx.com/function.file-put-contents']function.file-put-contents[/URL]]: failed to open stream: Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
file_put_contents() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 95
XenForo_Template_FileHandler->_saveTemplate() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 50
XenForo_Template_FileHandler::save() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1116
XenForo_Model_Template->compileAndInsertParsedTemplate() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1029
XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 983
XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 923
XenForo_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in XenForo/CacheRebuilder/Template.php at line 55
XenForo_CacheRebuilder_Template->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 78
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionCacheRebuild() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 1
Then tried running file health check:

Code:
Server Error
file_get_contents(install/data/style_properties.xml) [[URL='http://xxxx.com/function.file-get-contents']function.file-get-contents[/URL]]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
file_get_contents() in XenForo/Helper/Hash.php at line 66
XenForo_Helper_Hash::compareHashes() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 154
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionFileCheck() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Rest of the site seems to be running fine, help? :(

See it here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/error-rebuilding-templates.31451/

No answer was posted though, also data and internal_data is set to 777

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It's probably a lack of permissions in the subdirectories inside of data and internal_data. You need to recursively set permissions for those directories.

If you have shell access then try running these commands to recursively set permissions in those directories:

Code:
chmod -R 777 data

chmod -R 777 internal_data
You might also try 755 permissions. Depending on how PHP is installed, 755 may still be writable. I have seen some server configurations throw errors with 777.

_____

If you are running APC then you might have to restart the server after moving the files to a new directory. The opcode cache sometimes fails to update which can create problems with internal paths. Restarting the server will clear the opcode cache.

Russ

Well we tried 777 for data/internal_data and all it's sub folders, as well as 755.

We also run APC which we rebooted as well :(, any other ideas the errors are still alive and kicking

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
In combination with the permission bits, the owner might be relevant. If the permissions are 777 then it doesn't matter. But with 755 permissions an incorrect owner can cause problems.

I use this command to set the owner bits. Find another file or directory with the correct owner and then copy its owner bits with this command:

Code:
chown --recursive --reference=/path/to/correct/owner/ /path/to/target/dir/
It lets you copy the owner bits from one directory to another. And it does it recursively through all subdirectories.

Steve F

Jake would you mind taking a look at it, I'm trying to figure out why it changed from just moving directories.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I have posted all of the possibilities. If those things don't work then send me server logins and I will take a look.

MattW

I found having it set to 1M threw random errors such as the above (such as RSS feeds not displaying). I increased it to 10M when I was running it.