1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 [Solved] Log-out is gone.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by ChillaxOwner, Jun 20, 2013.

1. ChillaxOwner

ChillaxOwner Active Member

Hello, I noticed this a while back on xenForo.com (here) that there is no logout button. I now noticed they did it in the new version of xenforo. (1.2 Beta). Im a bit confused on what to do. :p

Wow. Its in the "Profile Tab"... xD
  2. jayramfootball

jayramfootball Active Member

yes but rather silly to have it in the profile tab - I do not see the sense of it at all.
    Why make it difficult for users to log out???
    Garamond likes this.
  3. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

If you think it is more difficult to hover on the username menu and select Log out, then here is an add-on you can install: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/log-out-link-by-waindigo.1984/ :)
    Jon W likes this.
  4. sonaya

sonaya Member

5. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

Not intuitive at all. I had to search for this on the interwebs to find where the Log Out was. Thumbs down. Hopefully they'll fix this in a future version.
  6. adgsteve

adgsteve Member

That's the trend now days. Facebook, Google(youtube, gmail, ect), and a host of other websites all have the same configuration with the log out button being in a drop down under the username.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Largely due to the rise in mobile browsing.
    Horizontal width is at a premium now and the log out link is much less used than the others.
    Tracy Perry and adgsteve like this.