[SolidMean] ForumBackup Dropbox Upload [Deleted]

SneakyDave

SneakyDave submitted a new resource:

[SolidMean] ForumBackup Dropbox Upload - Upload your backups on a regular basis to Dropbox

ABOUT
This addon is an extension to the free ForumBackup add-on. It allows database and file system backup files to be transferred to a Dropbox account. ForumBackup is required for use with this addon. The Dropbox PHP API is included in this distribution.

This addon adds no branding, has no encryption, and no "call home" features. That being said, this add-on makes no guarantees or claims about its...

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: sbj
Dave, you are the best.

Is it possible to have a seperate option for choosing which backup we want to send to Dropbox?

I mean I am backing up both the code and database. And both are transferred via your sftp add-on to an external server.

But to Dropbox I would like to send only the database. Because it is smaller, more important and Dropbox offers for every registration only 2gb free space. So with that limited space, it makes sense to only send the database.
So without paying anything, we could always have an extra copy of the database daily on dropbox.

Just a quick question - has this been checked on a Dropbox Pro account (i.e. £79 per year/1TB)? If so, I'm in :D

Also, Is there an option to remove the initial backup after successful transfer (Kind of important to remove the original in my case, since i have little spare room on the box after a backup is created!)

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Just a quick question - has this been checked on a Dropbox Pro account (i.e. £79 per year/1TB)? If so, I'm in :D

Also, Is there an option to remove the initial backup after successful transfer (Kind of important to remove the original in my case, since i have little spare room on the box after a backup is created!)

Cheers :)

I'll send you a conversation about this, bit yes, there is an option to 'Remove local backup' once the file is uploaded to Dropbox

Great addon. I prefer having my files stored off of my main server for obvious security purposes. Just out of curiosity.. does "Delete local file" mean once it's backed up to both the local server and Dropbox, it'll automatically delete the backup from the local server? I want to make sure before I make any changes.

Does this addon tested on Forums with 2GB+ database?

Someone said in the reviews that they used it with a large database and it transferred fast.

@SneakyDave, not really a big issue but I've selected 1 of each backup in the options and this happens.

Screenshot_00-10-42.png

My options:

Screenshot_00-12-44.png

@SneakyDave Is it possible to exclude xf_bb_code_parse_cache table content on the backup?
As it is almost 1GB for me.
Not really needed for backups.

Someone said in the reviews that they used it with a large database and it transferred fast.

@SneakyDave, not really a big issue but I've selected 1 of each backup in the options and this happens.

Screenshot_00-10-42.png

My options:

Screenshot_00-12-44.png
I'll look into this. It might be the same bug found on the forumbackup itself.

You're backing up once a day? Is that list of files from your dropbox account or from your server?

I'll look into this. It might be the same bug found on the forumbackup itself.

You're backing up once a day? Is that list of files from your dropbox account or from your server?

EDIT: I can clarify that the issue doesn't occur anymore. I just got my backups and everything backed up as normal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom