[SolidMean] Comprehensive URL Parser [Deleted]

I'll look into that, but I don't think profile posts use the same bbcode parser that messages do.

EDIT: No, profile posts aren't meant to use the bbcode formatter, which this addon uses. https://xenforo.com/community/threa...arent-being-parsed-with-the-url-bbcode.81008/

@Nobita.Kun has an addon that allows profile posts to use bbcodes, but I'm not entirely sure if this addon would work with it, as I don't use that resource.
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/profilepost-with-bbcode-paid.54928/

Last edited:
@SneakyDave got a question for you - I tried to copy over a paragraph from this page on thesweethome.com and none of the affiliate links they use changed over. Is there a way to get the system to replace the affiliate links in the copied material with the links from the forum?

this was the site with the material I was copying to the forum - http://thesweethome.com/reviews/the-best-clothes-iron/

They have their own Amazon referral links.

and this was the paragraph containing the links:

After our latest round of testing in December 2015, our new iron pick is the Black+Decker D3030 Allure. It replaces our former top pick, the T-fal Ultraglide, which developed leaks in long-term testing. We also have a new runner-up and upgrade pick—the Shark Ultimate Professional G1505 and Rowenta DW 9280 SteamForce—and review ironing boards for the first time, choosing Laundry Solutions by Westex as a fine option and theHOMZ Durabilt as an upgrade.

Basically I'd like to have all those links converted to my referral links. Or redirected once clicked upon?

Last edited:
This looks cool for my small drone site.....
so, if I already have valid banggood affil links it won't mess with those?
BUT, if others have posted links without BG affiliate or with their own bg code, this can replace?

I believe I've set this up for bangood., and it's worked well.

You can send me a conversation with some examples, and I can provide more information.

Not sure if I've asked this before... is it possible to have the addon actually replace the link in the post as it is stored in the database? Have a lot of users accessing the site via tapatalk and losing revenue through that since the addon doesn't work with content pulled by tapatalk.

Big bonus if the links it uses could be shortened. I manually do it using bit.ly if I see one for a popular vendor and edit the post.

I seem to remember seeing that you can get an api code for bit.ly to allow you to call it directly from your site to do shortening automatically with a limit of some number of conversions per month before you have to pay for the service.

Even if this morphs to a new addon for these features I'd be willing to switch and pay an upgrade fee.

Thanks for the input, great suggestions. In the short term, I don't plan to replace the links in the database, or add a URL shortener, but I'll add these to the list of suggestions.

NOTE: Ignore the date on the release page, a bad copy/paste. lol

SneakyDave updated [SolidMean] Comprehensive URL Parser with a new update entry:

09/13/2016- 1.2.1 Bug fixes

Bugs discovered by @clackey
- Option for hiding the affiliate link in the status bar was enabled by default. It is now disabled by default. This change only affects the append affiliate options.
- Fixed bug in hiding the affiliate link where the query string didn't include the question mark.

NOTE: If you get an error "The provided file was not a valid XML file" on installation, re-download the add-on from SneakyDave.com. Somehow the xml file was corrupt in the original...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@SneakyDave in your demo it doesn't appear that eBay affiliate links are being rewritten as the link posted is:

Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uglydoll...

and the rewritten code should look like this:

Code:
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/...

but in the case of your demo site that is not happening.

ebay-link.webp

Just thought I'd point that out.

Thanks for reporting that. I was testing something out with another add-on, and had this addon removed from the demo site. I'll reinstall it later today

Anyone using this with Skimlinks or VigLink? Wondering if I can use it to rewrite URL's for a couple select affiliates and let Skimlinks do the rest.

@SneakyDave I purchased the add-on today and I just want to say terrific job! Do you know if this is usable with a program like flexoffers? It's nearly identical to commission junction. I'm trying to use flexoffers + the Newegg program. The problem is if I use the Newegg.com deep link the user always ends up on the main page and I'd prefer it to basically ping the flexoffers tracking URL (so I get credit), and then forward back to the original newegg.com URL that has a product associated with it, so that the user ends up where they are supposed to. Is there a way to make this happen that I'm not seeing? Thanks in advance!

Hi @SneakyDave - I know it would be a MAJOR upgrade, but why not asking....

I would like this plugin to deflate shortlinks like bit.ly etc and replace them with their destination and also attach tags to that if they match the rules.
Especially amzn.to-Links.

what do you say? Thanks!

That has been suggested. Unfortunately, I don't plan for that, but maybe in the future. I think calling the bit.ly API for each URL to decode it would slow down a pageview quite a bit.

Ah, OK, I agree.
I guess this is another plugin then: Crawling the posts and change the links in the text permanently...

Top Bottom