[SolidMean] Comprehensive URL Parser [Deleted]

one question basically... would the links be converted if the forum is accessed from an app like tapatalk? i am currently using a javascript based solution and i would like to switch to this... as tapatalk access the actual links not the processed ones.

i have two requirements basically...
  • addition/replacement of code at the end for amazon, snapdeal and flipkart.
  • addition of link at the start for most of the others.
from what i have read in this thread, this should work for both of my requirements.

I don't use nor trust Tapatalk, so I don't have an answer for you about that.

If you send me some link examples in a conversation, and what you'd like them converted to, I'll test them out.

Hopefully a customer of yours has Tapatalk installed on his forum and can state from his testing! Because this is the important requirement I have. The traffic through the mobile app keeps on increasing every month and affiliate links processed by JavaScript does not work inside Tapatalk as it fetches raw code from the forum database.

Hopefully a customer of yours has Tapatalk installed on his forum and can state from his testing! Because this is the important requirement I have. The traffic through the mobile app keeps on increasing every month and affiliate links processed by JavaScript does not work inside Tapatalk as it fetches raw code from the forum database.
I just checked it on my site and it does not appear that Tapatalk executes the Xenforo code that makes this addon possible.

Thanks for all your help getting the ShareASale vendor links figured out and encoded properly using the URL replacement feature. Now all I gotta do is kick back and start watching all those sales start trickling in so I can buy that place I've got my eyes on in St Thomas :ROFLMAO:

@SneakyDave realized today that on the replace URL's it is better to list them without www to pick up the cases where www is not included in the URL but XF does recognize it as one. Although this does not happen if someone just enters foo.com it does if they enter Foo.com

@SneakyDave does this mean that we can control when the ? is added now?

How is this going to affect existing URL's immediately following the update? Meaning are we going to have to make updates to the way the affiliate codes are formatted right after applying the update or is it an option that is disabled by default?

The ? will only appear now when there is a legitimate query string in the URL, such as ?appid=xxxxx&productid=xxxxx. That is the only time the addon should include it. I think we talked about how this ? was being included in your URL's, and that your affiliate programs worked with, or without it. Some affiliates weren't that flexible, so I finally got around to fixing that.

Your URL's shouldn't be affected, they should actually be more accurate by http rules now. But we can continue our conversation if you'd like, just to make sure.

Great. I'm pretty certain that 101vape has been ignoring my referrals based on what I see in the Link Proxy reports since it wants a #. Can I add the # or & for sites that want those characters?

send me some examples in a conversation to refresh my memory on them, and I'll do some checking. I don't recall having any issues with the # character.

I'll install the new update tomorrow and then do some testing and let you know if there are any remaining special character concerns so that you aren't chasing your tail if it isn't necessary ;)

@SneakyDave I hope you can help.
I upgraded from the Amazon and Ebay parser to this comprehensive parser and followed the 'template' for the ebay replacement:
2.webp
and our revenue has done this
1.webp
What am I doing wrong, please?

Top Bottom