[SolidMean] Amazon and eBay Parser

[SolidMean] Amazon and eBay Parser 1.2.7

No permission to download

SneakyDave

SneakyDave submitted a new resource:

[Solid Mean] Amazon Parser - Add your Amazon Affiliate ID to your outgoing Amazon URL's

DESCRIPTION
The AmazonParser Addon will change URL's directing users to Amazon to include an administrator's Amazon affiliate ID. It will attempt to remove any existing affiliate tag, and will only change the URL of the anchor tag, it...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Cool, didn't see that addon. It certaily has more supported sites. I'll see if I can contact him about adding some of his functionality to this one.

I'll check his github project license to see if I can incorporate some of that into this one. Thanks for the heads up.

Cool, didn't see that addon. It certaily has more supported sites. I'll see if I can contact him about adding some of his functionality to this one.

I'll check his github project license to see if I can incorporate some of that into this one. Thanks for the heads up.
Just removed that addon and installed yours. Works fine so far.
Now, I don't have to edit the php file anymore.

also https://xenforo.com/community/resources/amazon-parser.2894/

I think AndyB's is different in that he saves the affiliate id to the message/post in the database, so only new posts created after his addon is installed will get the affiliate ID. And I think it only works for messages.

I think I took a look at addon in the past, I'll try to confirm that. Now I wish I would have changed the name of mine, lol. This post of Daniel Hood's suggests the implementation I'm using: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/amazon-parser.69135/#post-727395

Mine works in signatures, and in conversations, etc, and it should work for any Amazon in any message (prior to or after the addon is installed). This also means that if the affiliate ID is changed in the future, the URL's are updated on page rendering, so there aren't any traces of the old ID.

Last edited:
Ah, yes. That wouldn't work. I'll take a look at that.

I can't seem to get my localhost version of proxying to work at all, so once I can get that figured out, I'll work on a solution.

Last edited:
Thanks for releasing this.
The first post in this thread has a link put in it by a naughty member trying to make money by including his affiliate ID :
https://www.avforums.com/threads/amazon-3-for-£17-some-cracking-titles.1817147/
The end of the link is &tag=wisardest-21
When your addon is activated the link becomes
Code:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&linkCode=ur2&node=3456601031&pf_rd_i=B00B4DHSUC&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=430475567&pf_rd_r=1WKY4MF44VYHWRT79B7Q&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_t=201&/&tag=av0c-21tag=wisardest-21
which means our tag av0c-21 has been added but it doesn't replace his properly.
We have a ton of Amazon links in those bargain forums, so you might want to have a look around to see how well your addon is working there.

Thanks for the info Stuart. This add-on makes a good attempt to remove an existing tag, but it can be improved. Will work on that some more.

In that thread above, I'm not sure what happened, but that's definitely a bug

Last edited:
Thanks, Dave. Without looking very far, I found it in a couple of posts the same. The AVForums tag is inserted before the original tag instead of replacing it.

SneakyDave updated [SolidMean] Amazon Parser with a new update entry:

Release 1.1.0 (Fixed replacement problems, rewrote a lot of stuff)

10/1/2014: Version 1.1.0
Rewrote large portions of this to fix tags in URL's that were not being removed, reported by @avforums.
Smaller code base, and should be faster.
Fixed an edge case of the proxy link not working.
Proxy fixing code and query URL code are more closely related.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I tested this with a ton of different URLs. They should all be fixed, especially the ones that should replace existing affiliate tags, but please let me know if you noticed any links that don't include your tag.

A question. How does it work with, say Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk? Because we have to sign up separately with each site and provide a separate affiliate id for each. If our affiliate ID is put on an Amazon.com link, will it even be recognised? I'm not sure it will.

Well, I wasn't aware that Amazon properties would/could have different affiliates.

I'll do some investigation with Amazon to see how those would be seen, but it appears I'll have to add affiliate options for each property. Will get to work on that soon.

EDIT: From Amazon (I'll have to ask about the locales that the addon looks for, but are not mentioned here)
https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/gp/associates/help/t22/a13

Will my Associates ID work in all countries? (e.g. can I use my Amazon.co.uk Associates ID in a US widget?)
No. Your Associates ID will only earn you referral fees from sales in the same locale as your Associate ID. For example, to earn referral fees from an Amazon.co.uk widget, you must be a member of the UK Associates program and use that UK Associates ID in your UK widget. You must sign up to be a member of the Associates program in each Amazon locale for which you will be building widgets. Ready to join? The links to join the Associates program in each country is listed below:

You would be most interested in this update if:
1) You belong to the china Amazon affiliate program -or-
2) You have multiple Amazon affiliate accounts.

SneakyDave updated [SolidMean] Amazon Parser with a new update entry:

Update 1.1.1 (Support for multiple Amazon programs)

10/4/2014: Version 1.1.1
- Added support for multiple affiliate accounts in different countries. NOTE: If you have a non-US program Amazon Affiliate ID, you will need to set your affiliate id to the correct Amazon country program in the options. Because of this new feature, the "affiliate replacement" feature will now only work if you have an affiliate id assigned to the country in which the affiliate id you want replaced exists.

For example, if you have links on your site to products...

Read the rest of this update entry...

NOTE: If upgrading, and you have a non-US program Amazon Affiliate ID, you will need to set your affiliate id to the correct Amazon country program in the options. Because of this new feature, the "affiliate replacement" feature will now only work if you have an affiliate id assigned to the country in which the affiliate id you want replaced exists.

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the addon.
I have used this addon for the last 4 years and it has worked well
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/urlrewriter-auto-media-embed-and-affiliate-schemes.8292/

I will test out yours and let you know.

I'm using that one too for the eBay Partner Network. Any chance that you could make a parser for that as well? I know there's another one here but it only parses after the fact, I like the way that yours is coded.

This looks extremely useful but your examples adds 0.7 seconds to the page load. Isn't that quite significant?

Top Bottom