Soft Responsive [Deleted]

Arty

Arty submitted a new resource:

Soft Responsive (version 1.0) - Light responsive style with shadows

This is a responsive XenForo style with rounded corners and shadows.

Style has responsive design, which means it works on desktop and mobile browsers. Mobile version has slightly different layout, allowing to fit all content on small mobile phone screens.

Style has configurable post layout. You can show poster's profile on left or right side and you can separate poster's profile from post.

Style is be available in several color variations, all were created with ColorizeIt script:

Read more about this resource...

This ranks as some of my favorite work to date.. I hope to have an opportunity to buy it for a new project next year.

Before I purchase....

I remember reading something about releasing the "responsive framework" or something to that effect.

Sorry, release will be delayed a bit. I promised to release it sometime this week, but unexpected stuff happened and I didn't finish website. I'll need 3-4 more days.

Answers to few commonly asked questions.

About style:
  • Add-on compatibility: I haven't tested it with many add-ons. This style does not change HTML code, except for few minor tweaks. Almost all changes are in css templates. If add-on uses HTML code similar to default style's code, it should work as long as it uses default css files. Some add-ons might require minor tweaks.
  • Style will cost $40, with branding-free option for another $20.
About responsive layout:
  • I will release it as separate add-on. Work on it will start immediately after release of this style.
  • Add-on will be commercial. Considering large demand for it, add-on won't be expensive.
  • Add-on will include separate modules for popular add-ons. Modules for free add-ons will be free, modules for commercial add-ons might cost a bit ($5 or $10).

Is there a timeframe on the layout? I can go with these colors, that isn't the issue... Just wondering if the module add-ons will work with this as well.

Thank you!
Before I purchase....

I remember reading something about releasing the "responsive framework" or something to that effect.

Is there a timeframe on the layout? I can go with these colors, that isn't the issue... Just wondering if the module add-ons will work with this as well.
I don't have time frame because I have no idea how long it will take. Now that I have released style, I will start working on add-on immediately. My guess is it will take 2-3 weeks.

Thank you!

I don't have time frame because I have no idea how long it will take. Now that I have released style, I will start working on add-on immediately. My guess is it will take 2-3 weeks.

Ok, promise last question.

You mentioned add-on blocks... I assume they will work for this style as well?

Hi Arty, not needing a new style, but I am just posting here to say this is an amazing piece of work! Very very well done!

I absolutely love this.

Takes TaigaChat, corrects it to display regardless of the size.
Post Ratings show, doesn't seem all distorted.

Only issue at the moment, the new smilie category add-on isn't playing nice on mobile with my S3. they will not post after selecting them for some reason.

Smilies add-on works on small screen.

Problem with mobile devices is XenForo does not show WYSIWYG editor on it. I'm not sure why; maybe its because of small screen, maybe its because of touch events. I couldn't find where XF checks it. It is actually a good thing, imagine having editor controls in addition to keypad on tiny screen.

Few tweaks for that add-on: add this code to extra.css
Code:
@media only screen and (max-width: 940px), only screen and (max-device-width: 940px)
{
    xenForm .dc_smileymanager_container
    {
        border-radius: 6px;
        border-top: 1px solid #CCCCCC;
        margin: 5px 29px 0 !important;
    }
}

I see you've customized title bar on your forum. In forums list it touches first forum's header, making it look rather ugly. I suggest adding this to extra.css
Code:
.titleBar { margin-bottom: 5px; }

I hadn't got around to that part yet, was working on the shoutbox.

The smilies didn't work for me...

Yeah, I can get them to show, that isn't a problem. My issue, when I select a smilie to post, it takes me to the top of the page, and doesn't insert the smilie in the text area.

Oh, I see. Confirmed.

Its a bug in add-on. Switch from WYSIWYG mode to BBCode mode (click "A" in top right corner) on desktop browser, then click any smilie in that add-on. It won't work.

Top Bottom