Social Status Updater [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next version is getting:
  • Post to Facebook / Tweet when Trophy awarded
Will this be automatically posted in their FB/Twitter wall or the member have to manually post it?

Post to Facebook / Tweet when thread created (maybe post, too?)
Waiting for the post update on FB and Twitter... a prompt notice asking if the user would like to post it in their FB/Twitter profile or not would be great.

I have an issue in my forum. Most of the members doesn't associate their FB/Twitter account with that of forum. So if i use this add-on will it automatically associate with the FB/Twitter account (for future too) when they first share any message through your add-on (be it status update or post or threads)? If not can we do it?

Hi Chris, am getting the following error now, is this because of this add-on;

An exception occurred: Unable to Connect to ssl://graph.facebook.com:443. Error #110: Connection timed out in /home/content/93/9706293/html/FMS_Forum/library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php on line 235
  1. Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect() in Zend/Http/Client.php at line 973
  2. Zend_Http_Client->request() in SocialStatusUpdater/Helper/Facebook.php at line 9
  3. SocialStatusUpdater_Helper_Facebook::checkTokenValidity() in SocialStatusUpdater/Listener.php at line 63
  4. SocialStatusUpdater_Listener::templatePostRender()
  5. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
  6. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
  7. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 127
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565
  9. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/93/9706293/html/FMS_Forum/admin.php at line 13

And this

An exception occurred: Undefined index: oauth_token in /home/content/93/9706293/html/FMS_Forum/library/SocialStatusUpdater/twitter/twitteroauth.php on line 82
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in SocialStatusUpdater/twitter/twitteroauth.php at line 82
  2. TwitterOAuth->getRequestToken() in SocialStatusUpdater/Helper/Twitter.php at line 18
  3. SocialStatusUpdater_Helper_Twitter::getTwitterAuthUrl() in SocialStatusUpdater/Listener.php at line 290
  4. SocialStatusUpdater_Listener::templatePostRender()
  5. call_user_func_array() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 54
  6. XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 195
  7. XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
  8. XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 119
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 565
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/93/9706293/html/FMS_Forum/index.php at line 13

Hmm,

I've just been browsing your site for a while and not seen either error.

Are the errors just in the Server Error log or are they actually being seen by visitors?

Hi, I have just installed this add-on. In the options I saw this:

socialstatusupdater.webp

It says: "the friend inviter will use the Facebook App ID..."

Shouldn't it be "Social Status Updater will use..." instead?

Yes. It should. I was meant to fix that in the last version. That option works. I just copy and pasted something :)

I have configure all relevant options and linked my test user account, but still the status update created within XenForo does not show up on Facebook. What am I missing here?

I have Facebook working but I'm having trouble with getting Twitter going...

It gives me a code to enter, but where do I enter this code?

I'll start from the beginning as I don't know what bit you've missed :)

You need to get a Consumer Key and Consumer Secret from http://dev.twitter.com

Make sure you set it up as per my description on the Resource. Specifically make sure it is set to Read/Write and also make sure the callback URL for your site is: http://www.testyourmight.com/account/twitter-callback

(Nice site by the way!)

After that, you take the consumer key and secret and put them in the Options for the add-on:

Admin CP > Options > Social Status Updater

Let me know if you still have problems :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom