Social Icons in Postbit [Deleted]

Sheldon

Not planning on using this for social icons, but will have other fantastically helpful uses on my site. Thank you!

This really looks like a fantastic share dude. Just a word if I may: I am a sports fan, particularly SEC football. But I truly do not see the need to have to register on your forum only to download your resource instructions.

Much appreciation for the share. I understand there are issues or whatever ((not really - but thought I'd put that out there)) and that you don't want to add resources to the Xenforo site. But dude - Your share is for the betterment of the community.

As such, you may reconsider how you are making your resources available to those of us who have not pissed in your cheerios or whatever... Perhaps even a dedicated site for xenforo add-ons or some such...? IDK... But thanks just the same ;)

J.

Much appreciation for the share. I understand there are issues or whatever ((not really - but thought I'd put that out there)) and that you don't want to add resources to the Xenforo site. But dude - Your share is for the betterment of the community.

I understand, and I appreciate your words, really. However, when you are offered zero protection of resources being ripped and redistributed, there are only certain things that can be done at that point. I realize all modifications end up on pirated sites, eventually. I did not think pirated items would end up here though. At this time, until things change, I will continue to post my releases as I have done. At least once they end up somewhere else, I can easily narrow it down to a select few people that have access.

I'm not forcing anyone to register. In the end, it is their choice if they choose to or not.

... resources being ripped and redistributed, there are only certain things that can be done at that point...

Pirating is going to continue until [insert Messiah name of choice here] descends from the depths of heaven and commands, "You despicable rippers, come sit right next to me and share me some of that booty!" and makes it right...? Perhaps "communal" share isn't the worse thing ever. Okay - bad joke...

Anyway - completely understood ((kinda)) and I respect your decision, but will suggest you rethink it.

Nice looking site btw - I may register. Thanks again for the share ;)

J.

postbit-png.35395

Looks great !

The part you quoted is more about pirated items being reposted here, without any repercussion. I, among many, had a bad kick in the face when previous things were left when it was shown they were pirated.... and then it got turned into how they were a victim of the entire situation.

For reference: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/random-thoughts.32789/page-29#post-428177

From that moment forward, I decided I would no longer release my stuff here. I will continue to create, modify, etc... and have no issues doing so. But the full explanation and guide will not be posted here for the present time. If things change, I have no problems posting ALL information here. Just right now, that isn't possible.

Looks great !

Thanks :) Not my idea though, just changed icons and asked original person if I could post this.

The part you quoted is more about pirated items being reposted here, without any repercussion. I, among many, had a bad kick in the face when previous things were left when it was shown they were pirated.... and then it got turned into how they were a victim of the entire situation. From that moment forward, I decided I would no longer release my stuff here. I will continue to create, modify, etc... and have no issues doing so. But the full explanation and guide will not be posted here for the present time. If things change, I have no problems posting ALL information here. Just right now, that isn't possible.

Okay - you twisted my arm and you're lucky I didn't pop you one back in return yehehehe.
Just registered and will have fun browsing your site! ;)

J.

What do you mean "Address Change"
Nevermind... You seriously changed the domain that users need to register at to download your stuff from CFBHQ.com to awalkerbit.me?!? This starts to look like an EXTREMELY cheap gimmick to get people to register at your forum. Ulterior motive much...?

Hope it works well for you :whistle:

J.

Nevermind... You seriously changed the domain that users need to register at to download your stuff from CFBHQ.com to awalkerbit.me?!? This starts to look like an EXTREMELY cheap gimmick to get people to register at your forum. Ulterior motive much...?

Hope it works well for you :whistle:

J.
He could always just remove the whole thing in the first place, which was what he had considered before.

He could always just remove the whole thing in the first place, which was what he had considered before.

LOL - I've already said my peace in this thread. So... I'll add to it briefly...
I now doubt dude's original explanation for why he removed his add-ons from the resources section. The address change is gimmicky and a slick piece of fishyness
fish2.gif
That's all.

LOL - I've already said my peace in this thread. So... I'll add to it briefly...
I now doubt dude's original explanation for why he removed his add-ons from the resources section. The address change is gimmicky and a slick piece of fishyness
fish2.gif
That's all.
He removed his stuff from the resource manager because the staff here showed no intention of preventing ripping of code or whole styles. Russ and a few other providers did the same, and Xenique considered it as well (Due to low sales I've even considered shutting down and just supporting existing clients and doing custom work).

If he chooses to move his content to a new site, and requires signup for it, why the hell not. He's the one providing the resource for free, he might as well get something out of it.

He removed his stuff from the resource manager because the staff here showed no intention of preventing ripping of code or whole styles. Russ and a few other providers did the same, and Xenique considered it as well (Due to low sales I've even considered shutting down and just supporting existing clients and doing custom work).

If he chooses to move his content to a new site, and requires signup for it, why the hell not. He's the one providing the resource for free, he might as well get something out of it.
Sure it's anyone's right to do what they want with their own stuff. This is not the issue!

However, making a protestation that, "I'm only trying to protect my work." Whilst obviously there's ulterior motive is ********! Come on now. Stop lying and justifying! Don't go updating **** because you'd now like Xenforo community members to join your new forum! Tell the truth ==> "I'd like you to join my ****!!" and be done with it.

Then smartass Bytches like Jacquii Cooke will stop wasting non-valuable time saying how fishy your actions are! That's all I'm saying - disagree or whatever - but let's do away with the gimmicky TRICKS okay? Thanks ;)

J.

I am closing CFBHQ.com, not that it is any of your concern. I am currently moving some things on it, and that is the reason it is open. If you don't like it, don't join. But please quit *****ing about it. I am not concerned with who joins to get it, etc. I just need a place to keep my edits, and that is how I chose to do so.

Sure it's anyone's right to do what they want with their own stuff. This is not the issue!

However, making a protestation that, "I'm only trying to protect my work." Whilst obviously there's ulterior motive is BULL****! Come on now. Stop lying and justifying! Don't go updating **** because you'd now like Xenforo community members to join your new forum! Tell the truth ==> "I'd like you to join my ****!!" and be done with it.

Then smartass Bytches like Jacquii Cooke will stop wasting non-valuable time saying how fishy your actions are! That's all I'm saying - disagree or whatever - but let's do away with the gimmicky TRICKS okay? Thanks ;)

J.

Also, as you can tell, my 30 some odd membership total really doesn't do much for me. I have the site open for me, and my amusement. I seriously do not care if you like it or not. You post your Jingle Bells how you'd like, I will post my stuff how I like. I'm honestly not sure why it is even a concern of yours.

Oh snap! mofo-ing snap!

I didn't even consider you're closing your site. After all the work you put into it. That's shocking actually. I just assumed you were being tricky. Of course - in the assuming - I've made an ass out of mainly me LOL - so I do offer my sincerest apologies for that.

And you're right - it IS none of my business. But when I see folks who purport to care about this Xenforo community, pulling their 'little toys' away from it, as if spoiled 'little brats' who need their 'little asses' whipped ==> IT PISSES ME OFF! Taking your toys away from the community is not caring about the community! Taking your toys away is childish, selfish ********.

At anyrate - Again - I do hope you'll accept my apology. Because my assumption was obviously wrong as concerns your address change update. I do wish you the best with your new forum. It's styled wonderfully anyway.

I suppose one lesson I should take away from this is to simply not care too incredibly much about this place as a community, as to get myself riled up over... 'little things' as it were. The other would be the lesson I still have yet to grasp ==> when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me yehehehe.

Top Bottom