Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

Since I haven't wired in any logic for reporting the location of the user, I guess that is why it's displaying unkown page.
I have taken note of that as a bug, I'll fix it in the next version.
You mean this: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/setting-session-activity.8246/ ?

You need to create a new method getSessionActivityDetailsForList returning the group names...
e.g. this is from the page controller ( XenForo_ControllerPublic_Page )

PHP:
public static function getSessionActivityDetailsForList(array $activities)
    {
        $pageNames = array();
        foreach ($activities AS $activity)
        {
            if (!empty($activity['params']['node_name']))
            {
                $pageNames[$activity['params']['node_name']] = $activity['params']['node_name'];
            }
        }

$pageData = array();

if ($pageNames)
        {
            /* @var $pageModel XenForo_Model_Page */
            $pageModel = XenForo_Model::create('XenForo_Model_Page');

$visitor = XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();
            $permissionCombinationId = $visitor['permission_combination_id'];

$pages = $pageModel->getPagesByNames($pageNames, array(
                'permissionCombinationId' => $permissionCombinationId
            ));
            foreach ($pages AS $page)
            {
                $visitor->setNodePermissions($page['node_id'], $page['node_permission_cache']);
                if ($pageModel->canViewPage($page))
                {
                    $pageData[$page['node_name']] = array(
                        'title' => $page['title'],
                        'url' => XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('pages', $page)
                    );
                }
            }
        }

$output = array();
        foreach ($activities AS $key => $activity)
        {
            $page = false;
            if (!empty($activity['params']['node_name']))
            {
                $pageName = $activity['params']['node_name'];
                if (isset($pageData[$pageName]))
                {
                    $page = $pageData[$pageName];
                }
            }

if ($page)
            {
                $output[$key] = array(
                    new XenForo_Phrase('viewing_page'),
                    $page['title'],
                    $page['url'],
                    false
                );
            }
            else
            {
                $output[$key] = new XenForo_Phrase('viewing_page');
            }
        }

return $output;
    }

After using it for several hours I'm very happy with the add-on. :)

Wishlist for the next version:
  • Option to disable users from displaying their groups under the user title
  • Option to just display usergroups on the group index page instead of the categories

When Uploading a group image I get

ImageMagick not found

In xenforos settings I have selected PHP Built-In GD Image Library as the image processor

Curious when is the importer for VB 4 coming out ?
I'll release it this weekend, most likely Sunday. I have been working on it, but I am counting on an all-day saturday rush to give it the final touches :)
In the demo site I setup (http://xfaddons.com/) I setup a downloads section, I will make it available there (and will post a note in here). I have already given you access, MMoore

For the other people that have bought the add-on already, if you register to the site, drop me a PM so I can add you to the privileged usergroup for being able to download updates.

When Uploading a group image I get

ImageMagick not found

In xenforos settings I have selected PHP Built-In GD Image Library as the image processor

Thanks, I took note of this as a bug. I'll fix it for the next version. That is used for the group icon.

One more thing:

The group doesn't keep its Group type - if I select "moderated Group" and save the status is public again
Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-25 um 09.08.32.webp

Thanks Rigel that is perfect.
Any chance the manual one will be ready too because i have some old static forums that was used as social groups. I need those moved over to social groups. I am okay with manually running a db and putting them in. For all I need they can just be put in last as they are just archive purposes.

This is a must have ;)

Do we just pay

and then send a conversation to you here to get a link to the plugin ?

edit... just seen:

For the other people that have bought the add-on already, if you register to the site, drop me a PM so I can add you to the privileged usergroup for being able to download updates.

nice, just paid... sending the PM now (but it keeps sending an error on the forum that the server wont respond)

Just paid and received the addon, job well done! Just one question, how will we be receiving future updates? The email that was send did not contain anything indicating that detail.

Thanks.

There seems to be a bug where when a user edits a message it triggers an alert for group members saying they made a new post. Also would it be possible to allow moderators or group owners to delete other people's posts. Right now the only way to deal with someone spamming is editing their posts.

Cool, got it working and have re-arranged the routes, example:
surrey-networking
and a group within a category: guildford-dog-walking

You have to update a lot of files and templates to change the group location, it would be great if this could be done with a phrase <<- but I can't really see how you would set the route and template links with a phrase

Anyway, this is fantastic, I was going to start on a "networking" plugin this weekend, but now I don't have to :)

Thanks Rigel

Cool, got it working and have re-arranged the routes, example:
surrey-networking
and a group within a category: guildford-dog-walking

You have to update a lot of files and templates to change the group location, it would be great if this could be done with a phrase <<- but I can't really see how you would set the route and template links with a phrase

Anyway, this is fantastic, I was going to start on a "networking" plugin this weekend, but now I don't have to :)

Thanks Rigel

I'd say simply adding a setting for it should be sufficient.

Thanks everybody for your comments.
I'll be working this weekend full time with the add-on, my priorities are releasing the importer, and fixing the bugs that have been reported to me. After I am done with that I will start with enhancements.

The downloads is immediate after the payment, no need to PM or anything, the site will be only for the updates

The vBulletin Social Groups importer is ready :)
I tried it with my 5,000 groups and 2m posts installation and it works really well. (besides taking some time with that amount of data, of course).

It has all the nifty features that you would expect like resuming the import, restarting it, and it pretty much behaves the same way as the regular vBulletin import.

Details here: http://xfaddons.com/index.php?threa...ter-and-permissions-for-usertitle.22/#post-46

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-01-29 at 5.50.12 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2012-01-29 at 5.50.12 PM.webp
    29.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2012-01-29 at 5.48.27 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2012-01-29 at 5.48.27 PM.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom