Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
There has been an update to the XF 2 social group system which corrects a large query count on the main site page. That happens because I had removed a couple of lines of code for testing purposes and forgot to put them back in the release.

Download the add-on and just upload the files to your server to cure the problem. There's no need to run the upgrade again or to rebuild the add-on data.

NOTIFICATION IMPROVEMENTS
Can we add Watch feature to Social Group? So if there a new threads, new Discussion, Photo or Event, members will receive an alert (or an email) like watch a thread. Then we can have an option to turn on this by default.

NOTIFICATION IMPROVEMENTS
Can we add Watch feature to Social Group? So if there a new threads, new Discussion, Photo or Event, members will receive an alert (or an email) like watch a thread. Then we can have an option to turn on this by default.
The system already follows the XenForo settings for watching a forum or thread.

I'll add the others to the wish list for the add-on.

Snog updated Social Groups for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.1

An update to the Social Groups system for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Errors when posting a thread
  • Fix - Misc problems with photo comment system
I had hoped to retain the 2.0.0 version number until XenForo 2 was out of Beta/RC status, but the changes to the photo system requires that the upgrade routine be run.

Read the rest of this update entry...

No. It's assumed if you're creating an event, you would want to talk about it and you would create a thread or discussion about it.
For what is a calendar needed if the users aren´t getting informed when i plan an event?

For what is a calendar needed if the users aren´t getting informed when i plan an event?
If you create an event, it is assumed you would create a thread or discussion about the event and users would be notified of the thread/discussion creation.

Hello @Snog,

When I install your addon, I got the following error on XenForo 2.0 :

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Line 531: Template tags are not well formed. Tag if was found when expecting contentcheck.

It crashes while installing.

Any ideas ?

Hello @Snog,

When I install your addon, I got the following error on XenForo 2.0 :

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Line 531: Template tags are not well formed. Tag if was found when expecting contentcheck.

It crashes while installing.

Any ideas ?
Is this a new install of XF 2?

Is there a style other than the default XF style installed?

Are there any other add-ons installed?

No I updated from beta

Yes a custom one but with few modifications

Very few addons yes
I need to have the style to check the changes made. It's very possible that is the cause.

Try disabling the other add-ons and installing. It's possible they are modifying a template and I would then need those add-ons to check what's causing it.

EDIT: Also, what version of the group system are you installing? I don't have a user with your user name on my site, so I can't check that manually.

I need to have the style to check the changes made. It's very possible that is the cause.

Try disabling the other add-ons and installing. It's possible they are modifying a template and I would then need those add-ons to check what's causing it.

EDIT: Also, what version of the group system are you installing? I don't have a user with your user name on my site, so I can't check that manually.

Hello Snog,

You are right, it was a problem in my PAGE_CONTAINER template.

I reverted the changes, and your addon is working fine.

Thanks !

Hi @Snog
There are some small issues with the addon.

1. There is no way to see Group stats if we turn off sidebar in Social Group Settings. Could you add these information to "Group Information" tab if we turn of Sidebar?
2. The Photo/Event widgets on sidebar are still displayed even we don't turn on Photo/Event for that Social Group (when we create it)

Hi @Snog
There are some small issues with the addon.

1. There is no way to see Group stats if we turn off sidebar in Social Group Settings. Could you add these information to "Group Information" tab if we turn of Sidebar?
2. The Photo/Event widgets on sidebar are still displayed even we don't turn on Photo/Event for that Social Group (when we create it)
I'll have a look at these some time this week. But, #1 is by design and I don't think a tab will be added for them.

I can't duplicate this. If a group has an album or event calendar is checked in the templates.

Is there a particular group page this happens on?

Could you send me the settings for the group via PC so I can create one to match it on my development server?

Top Bottom