Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
A patch to the current version has been placed on the download server.

If you are experiencing problems where people are unable to join a group, please log into your account on my site and download/install the patch.

Anyone come from the "other" groups to this one and if so what are your thought? Pm me if you can.
I can tell you this, there is no importer for other group systems available. And as of this moment, no importers are planned or supported.

It will be a total loss if we move over to this one. We just need it to work the way it should and have support down the road.

Snog updated Social Groups for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.11

An update to the Social Groups system for XenForo 2.x has been released. This is a roll-up of patches to version 2.0.10 plus a couple of other items. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - Special characters HTML coded in group names
  • Fix - Cache build error
  • Fix - Non-members able to post in restricted group discussions
  • Fix - Users unable to join groups in some circumstances
  • Fix - Admins unable to add...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This add-on requires that the standard user group permission system is being used. In other words, all users must be registered users (even admins) and any other user groups are additional user groups for users.

not really sure I follow. I do not want standard members to be using this, can normal members be restricted, and allow for certain user groups that would have more features such as this for let's say, estabalished members.

Thanks

not really sure I follow. I do not want standard members to be using this, can normal members be restricted, and allow for certain user groups that would have more features such as this for let's say, estabalished members.

Thanks
Sorry, no. As that says, all users must have their primary user group set as registered and all other user groups they belong to as secondary user groups.

Sorry, no. As that says, all users must have their primary user group set as registered and all other user groups they belong to as secondary user groups.

I guess I can balance this out by throwing a bone to all groups, no matter their class.
I will give this some more thought, so it may work out, even if I cant reserve for upper-level group...

I guess I can balance this out by throwing a bone to all groups, no matter their class.
I will give this some more thought, so it may work out, even if I cant reserve for upper-level group...
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean.

Is the primary user group for all of your users already 'Registered'?

If they aren't, then this add-on would be of no use to you at all. For now, the Registered user group is the primary access control level used by the add-on and if it isn't used as everyone's primary user group, the access control system would not work properly.

Last edited:
Please note that my site is now running version 2.1.0 Alpha 1 of the Social Group System.

This major update removes individual user permissions from the node system and adds support for the xenForo Media Gallery (version 2.0.3 or higher).

While I don't run the Media Gallery on my site, it has been tested on another test site.

If there are some brave souls out there that have a valid license for the XF2 Social Groups system and would like to test the new version, send me a PC on my site. I would prefer if you also have the Media Gallery installed too. I will be limiting the number of testers at this time, so it's on a first come, first selected basis. I do not recommend running it on a live site unless you like living dangerously. ;)

Snog updated Social Groups for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.x Update 2.0.12

An update to the Social Groups system for XenForo 2.x has been released. This is a roll-up of patches to version 2.0.11 plus a couple of other items. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - No notice displayed when user reaches maximum number of joined groups
  • Fix - Group photo count not reduced when photo is permanently deleted
  • Fix - Array/Countable error
  • Fix - Array/Null warning when a user that is not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi there! Can the calender feature be disabled by admin?
At this time, once a group has an event calendar it can't be removed. I'll look at changing that in the future.

But, users can be prevented from creating a calendar when groups are created by going to Admin->Groups & permissions->User group permissions and setting 'Can create group event calendar' to 'No'.

The 'Public events' link in the navigation menu can be removed in Admin->Setup->Public navigation, and turning off 'Public events'.

But, users can be prevented from creating a calendar when groups are created by going to Admin->Groups & permissions->User group permissions and setting 'Can create group event calendar' to 'No'.

That already fit my needs :) Thanks for your quick reply .... just needed to know this before purchasing.

As I said above, my site is now running version 2.1.0 of the Social Group System as are 2 other live sites.

This major update removes individual user permissions from the node system and adds support for the XenForo Media Gallery.

The requirements for Media Gallery support has been raised to Media Gallery version 2.0.4.

Barring any unforeseen problems, release of Social Groups version 2.1.0 will most likely take place in the next couple of weeks. If you are interested in testing it and helping debug it, please start a conversation with me on my site.

Hi there, I don´t know why but some users, who are in additional user groups, can not create a thread, answer and like any posts in groups, where there are members.
I have checked everything... settings are the same like other user-groups have... do you have any idea what I can do?

Maybe it has something to do with this add-on for additional user permission settings we are using? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-essentials.6272/

Last edited:
Hi there, I don´t know why but some users, who are in additional user groups, can not create a thread, answer and like any posts in groups, where there are members.
I have checked everything... settings are the same like other user-groups have... do you have any idea what I can do?

Maybe it has something to do with this add-on for additional user permission settings we are using? https://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-essentials.6272/
What type of groups can't they post in?

Are they members of the group they are trying to post in?

Is there any error that comes up when they try to view or post a thread?

Top Bottom