Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
So I have launched this plugin for the masses, and one thing that is happening is that when photos are uploaded in the Group Photos and have comments, all members are able to Edit and Delete anyone's photo comment. I must have missed something. Any ideas? The site is live so it would be great to have any answers right away :p

I’ll have that fixed in the next update.

I just installed the Addon and it is awesome, however, I am now receiving this in my XF server error log.
  • ErrorException: Template error: str_repeat(): Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:3445

I just installed the Addon and it is awesome, however, I am now receiving this in my XF server error log.
  • ErrorException: Template error: str_repeat(): Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0

I'll have a look when I get a chance, Strange I don't recall anyone else having that error.

Can you post the full error with the stack trace and request state?

It is corrected. I rebooted my VPS server and so far no errors

While I am here, is there anyway to increase the Group Title Characters as it seems to terminate at 42 characters.

Thanks kindly

Hi, I have tree things:

- If you delete a post, "removed_from_public_view" appears.

qSk6ZMB.png

- If you moderate a post it is still visible for all users.

lmR7IJH.png

- The "delete" (Löschen) button is visible to normal users. (see last picture)

Did I set something wrong? In the normal forum, moderated posts disappear for users.

(Social Groups 2.1.15 and the latest XenForo version)

Last edited:
How can i get rid off the Social Group center block on the forum home? Sorry i'm really new to Xenforo and this addon.

ozzy47 updated Social Groups for XenForo 2.1+ with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.1+ Update 2.1.16

Possibly fixed error, "ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'restricted' of non-object " which is a TapaTalk issue.
Fixed issue where if you selected "Non-members can view group photos " as "yes", anyone can edit the comments made on the photos.
Fixed error, "[E_NOTICE] Trying to get property 'privategroup' of non-object, 'privatehide,' or 'restricted.' ".

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi there... after updating today I had problems with the profile tabs in only some of the users profiles.
Now after testing I found out, that the problem (tabs in profile did not open ... or like the content from the tab "about you" was not shown) only happens when the user has in the privacy setting:

View groups you belong to: Nobody

If the setting is "Guests" or "Members only" then there is no problem while watching the users profile...

Could you please check that?

Hi there... after updating today I had problems with the profile tabs in only some of the users profiles.
Now after testing I found out, that the problem (tabs in profile did not open ... or like the content from the tab "about you" was not shown) only happens when the user has in the privacy setting:

View groups you belong to: Nobody

If the setting is "Guests" or "Members only" then there is no problem while watching the users profile...

Could you please check that?

I should have a fix for this on the weekend. :)

3 errors related to this addon.

Code:
XF\Db\DuplicateKeyException: MySQL query error [1062]: Duplicate entry 'post-13502241' for key 'PRIMARY' src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:217
Generated by: User Oct 4, 2019 at 4:46 PM
Stack trace
INSERT  INTO `xf_deletion_log` (`content_type`, `content_id`, `delete_user_id`, `delete_username`, `delete_reason`, `delete_date`) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1062, '23000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(77): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1062, '23000')
#2 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(218): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('INSERT  INTO `x...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1452): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert('xf_deletion_log', Array, false)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1184): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1202): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save(true, false)
#7 src/XF/Entity/Post.php(772): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#8 src/XF/Service/Post/Deleter.php(81): XF\Entity\Post->softDelete('', Object(Datio\AllowedEmails\XF\Entity\User))
#9 src/addons/Snog/Groups/XF/Service/Post/Deleter.php(10): XF\Service\Post\Deleter->delete('soft', '')
#10 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php(255): Snog\Groups\XF\Service\Post\Deleter->delete('soft', '')
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Pub\Controller\Post->actionDelete(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Post', 'Delete', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\MultiPrefix\XF\Pub\Controller\Post), NULL)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\MultiPrefix\XF\Pub\Controller\Post), NULL)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#15 src/XF/App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#16 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#17 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#18 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(22) "/posts/13502241/delete"
  ["referrer"] => string(36) "https://domain.com/threads/773363/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/posts/13502241/delete"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
    ["reason"] => string(0) ""
    ["hard_delete"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(36) "https://domain.com/threads/773363/"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(16) "/threads/773363/"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

XF\Db\DuplicateKeyException: MySQL query error [1062]: Duplicate entry 'post-13502241' for key 'PRIMARY' src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:217
Stack trace
INSERT  INTO `xf_deletion_log` (`content_type`, `content_id`, `delete_user_id`, `delete_username`, `delete_reason`, `delete_date`) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1062, '23000')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(77): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL query err...', 1062, '23000')
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(218): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('INSERT  INTO `x...', Array)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1452): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert('xf_deletion_log', Array, false)
#8 src/XF/Service/Post/Deleter.php(81): XF\Entity\Post->softDelete('', Object(Datio\AllowedEmails\XF\Entity\User))
#9 src/addons/Snog/Groups/XF/Service/Post/Deleter.php(10): XF\Service\Post\Deleter->delete('soft', '')
#10 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php(255): Snog\Groups\XF\Service\Post\Deleter->delete('soft', '')
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Pub\Controller\Post->actionDelete(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Post', 'Delete', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\MultiPrefix\XF\Pub\Controller\Post), NULL)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\MultiPrefix\XF\Pub\Controller\Post), NULL)
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#18 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
  }
}

Stack trace
------------

#18 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(7) {
  }
}

I'm going to chime in here..

The error isn't coming from this add-on. This add-on does nothing with soft deletes and properly returns the parent result whether a hard or soft delete.

PHP:
<?php

namespace Snog\Groups\XF\Service\Post;

class Deleter extends XFCP_Deleter
{
    public function delete($type, $reason = '')
    {
        $parentValue = parent::delete($type, $reason);

if ($type == 'hard')
        {
            ..... CODE
        }

return $parentValue;
    }
}

Last edited:
Can someone direct me to the instructions for upgrading from v1.4 to this one? I am having the software tech at XF install the upgrade for XF2, and they state that I need to uninstall all of my add-ons before upgrading (or do a fresh install). How can I recover our v1.4 Social Group data to this version after the upgrade or fresh install?

Thanks.

Can someone direct me to the instructions for upgrading from v1.4 to this one? I am having the software tech at XF install the upgrade for XF2, and they state that I need to uninstall all of my add-ons before upgrading (or do a fresh install). How can I recover our v1.4 Social Group data to this version after the upgrade or fresh install?

Thanks.
Your tech is incorrect. You only uninstall add-ons that you won't or can't upgrade to an XF2 version. If you uninstall the XF1.x version you won't be able to upgrade to the XF2 version. To upgrade to the XF2 version of the group system, upgrade XF and then purchase and upgrade to the XF2 version of the add-on. (NOTE: You MUST be running version 1.4 or later of the XF1 add-on to upgrade to the XF2 version)

If you do a fresh install, you can't import the XF1 data and will need to start fresh with a new install of the add-on.

Your tech is incorrect. You only uninstall add-ons that you won't or can't upgrade to an XF2 version. If you uninstall the XF1.x version you won't be able to upgrade to the XF2 version. To upgrade to the XF2 version of the group system, upgrade XF and then purchase and upgrade to the XF2 version of the add-on. (NOTE: You MUST be running version 1.4 or later of the XF1 add-on to upgrade to the XF2 version)

If you do a fresh install, you can't import the XF1 data and will need to start fresh with a new install of the add-on.

Thank you. That is what I thought should happen and I will definitely be purchasing the upgrade (I have 1.4). This is the most used add-on of our members, by a large margin.

Top Bottom