Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
In a group discussion, if you unapproved the first post to moderate the discussion, an "approve" button appears at the top of that discussion. If you click that, it gives a frontend only error saying the requested thread could not be found, though a discussion it is.
That was discovered while working on your last report about discussions. The button never should have been in a discussion (it should have been commented out in the template along with the other one that is commented out) and has been removed in the next release.

Last edited:
I just purchased this for one of our sites and would like to roll it out to multiple but ran into one issue. It seems that the right sidebar displays in the forum view so there is almost no room between the sidenav and the sidebar. I assume it is pulling that in since I have it set to display in all the forum pages. Is this an issue with the addon or do I need to make a template change to remove the sidebar within groups?

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 4.16.34 PM.webp

I just purchased this for one of our sites and would like to roll it out to multiple but ran into one issue. It seems that the right sidebar displays in the forum view so there is almost no room between the sidenav and the sidebar. I assume it is pulling that in since I have it set to display in all the forum pages. Is this an issue with the addon or do I need to make a template change to remove the sidebar within groups?

View attachment 181834
It's not an issue with the add-on. If you have the widgets defined to show in the forum view, it is working as it should.

EDIT: It's been a long day so I spoke too soon... You can remove the right sidebar by editing the snog_groups_main template. It's all the way at the bottom of the template.

I would suggest not showing the group sidebar (Group settings->Show group sidebar) if you feel there's not enough room.

Last edited:
It's not an issue with the add-on. If you have the widgets defined to show in the forum view, it is working as it should.

EDIT: It's been a long day so I spoke too soon... You can remove the right sidebar by editing the snog_groups_main template. It's all the way at the bottom of the template.

I would suggest not showing the group sidebar (Group settings->Show group sidebar) if you feel there's not enough room.

Thanks, Snog. I commented out the sidebar code at the bottom of snog_groups_main. This removed the sidebar but unfortunately, it left the space for it. Do I need to comment something else?

Shouldn't it be following whatever is set in the widgets? I have no widgets set for the groups widget sidebar so it seems like nothing should be showing there.

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 8.53.32 AM.webp

Thanks, Snog. I commented out the sidebar code at the bottom of snog_groups_main. This removed the sidebar but unfortunately, it left the space for it. Do I need to comment something else?

Shouldn't it be following whatever is set in the widgets? I have no widgets set for the groups widget sidebar so it seems like nothing should be showing there.

View attachment 182106
This is actually a problem with the style. It doesn't happen in the default XenForo style. I'll have to look into why it's happening with the UiX series styles.

In most cases it would be dependent on the group widget, but forums are a bit different and don't follow the same rules as the other group displays because you're actually in the forum display and not a group page per say. So, when you're viewing a group forum, the forum widgets would show which is correct and is working as expected.

Last edited:

View attachment 182106
This is a temporary fix for YOUR problem, I don't suggest everyone doing this.

Until I can come up with a better fix, edit the snog_groups_main template...
Replace this...
Code:
<div class="p-body-main {{ $sidebar ? 'p-body-main--withSidebar' : '' }} {{ $sideNav ? 'p-body-main--withSideNav' : '' }}">

With this...
Code:
<div class="p-body-main {{ ($sidebar && $forum === NULL) ? 'p-body-main--withSidebar' : '' }} {{ $sideNav ? 'p-body-main--withSideNav' : '' }}">

This problem you experienced when commenting out the section I mentioned before ONLY happens with UiX based styles and also doing the above will cure. And it is something I will investigate in depth for future releases, however the way the sidebar is being displayed is correct and expected in the group forums.

Last edited:
Would you add the ability? Happy to buy your add-on if it comes with this ability.
I'll put it on the wish list for the group system, but like anything on the wish list there is no guarantee if or when it will be done.

Snog updated Social Groups for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.x Update 2.1.3

An update to the Social Groups system for XenForo 2.x has been released. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Fix - User mentions not being properly parsed in discussions
  • Remove - Button that did not belong in moderated discussions
  • Add - Discussion list paging
  • Fix - Group ownership not being fully transferred

Read the rest of this update entry...

I am back with more suggestions lol!
  • Age Restriction for groups option!
  • Group Media Tab: ( Excellent for Gaming Groups to show off their videos.) (Excellent for Photography groups etc....)
  • Group Leader Boards! ( Most post, Most likes, Most Resources etc....)
  • Group member of the month! ( Can be set by Group owner or moderator of that group.) Or ( Top members widget )
  • Group member of the year:
  • Donation to group admin! ( One way members can give back to a Admin who is promoting and running their group exceptionally well.)
  • Feature groups for their group forum posting activity. ( This would take CTA Feature Threads add-on x2 http://prntscr.com/gk43iz )
  • Group Resources: ( Members can upload resources and download resources if they are a group member.)
  • Duration of time to be a member before you can actually download Resources.
  • Affiliates/Partner Groups: (This way you can promote your other groups, or a friends group.)
  • Group Reporting: ( Members can report a group to site admin for unfair acts.)
  • Moderation Warning System for Groups: ( To many warning or reports against a group can Lock the group for a certain amount of time.)
  • Group Rules and regulations Tab: (Separate from Group description)
  • Visitors: a list of site members who visited your group page.
  • Newest Group Members:
  • Group Profile Tab ( a way to showcase all of the groups you are apart of.)
  • Reason for leaving group: ( Helps Group owners understand why members are leaving. Force members to leave a reason before leaving. )
  • Reason why you would like to join group: ( Optional Request by Group owner, because he / she may or may not want that option for new members)

Keep up the great work with this Add-on.
IF we help fund this add-on can some of these that are not in the add-on be implemented?

IF we help fund this add-on can some of these that are not in the add-on be implemented?
As I've said in the past, those items are on the wish list and there is no guarantee when or if they will be added. And I don't need to be reminded of that post. There is an actual wish list and it is on that list.

But, a couple of them have already been added. And there are some (such as resources) that probably won't be added.

And I don't accept funding for an add-on.

Last edited:
As I've said in the past, those items are on the wish list and there is no guarantee when or if they will be added. And I don't need to be reminded of that post. There is an actual wish list and it is on that list.

But, a couple of them have already been added. And there are some (such as resources) that probably won't be added.

And I don't accept funding for an add-on.
Thank you for the info, it is much appreciated!

Hi Snog,

Can you set a user promotion to a xenforo user group if a member joins a particular social group?
I actually like this idea, but what is to stop members from joining 100 groups just to get the promotion which i am assuming gives the members points and a reward which comes in the form of an icon/badge?

I actually like this idea, but what is to stop members from joining 100 groups just to get the promotion which i am assuming gives the members points and a reward which comes in the form of an icon/badge?

I would only have the promotion setup for certain groups and the groups I will setup will be private.

Our plan was to use this add on for our gaming community where we have a number of internal clans. They will add their members into their own clan group and the promotion system will then promote them into a clan xf user group for forum permissions, plus I have written a script that exports their steam id into our game servers for whitelising spots. The script works on the xf user group.

@Snog I went to install and ran across this error.
Line 676: Template tags are not well formed. Tag if was found when expecting contentcheck.

@Snog I went to install and ran across this error.
Line 676: Template tags are not well formed. Tag if was found when expecting contentcheck.
Could you tell me what styles you have installed?

The last time I saw that error, it involved the UiX2 style (style versions less than 2.0.6.0.0).

Top Bottom