Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)
After testing out the groups add-on, I have a few suggestions.
On Members profile pages in the Profile tabs section, would be nice to have a Groups tab that goes there. It would be an awesome way for you to keep track of all the groups you are in, and give you easy access to entering those group pages from your profile page. Also allows visitors to your profile page to see what groups you are apart of and give them incentive to join those groups. Also allow members to leave those groups from their profile page option would be nice as well.

One feature i did not see was a resource upload and download feature. Would be nice to have group members upload lets say GFX pack for an Adobe photoshop design group. What about a music groups having the ability to upload original music as a resource for that specific group to download.
I did not see a Group Banner as i surfed thru and joined groups.

The picture with the girl in the center of the group.
I also was not able to create a group to test out the group admin features, and try to upload a Banner to test that feature out as well.
Actually I had more requests to remove groups from the member profile page than to include it. So, I don't know that would be added back in. Either way, hidden and restricted groups would not show up in the list.

Perhaps their settings page, but not their profile page would be a good place to list their groups.

I never said Resources were added. And I'm not sure they will be.

The large banner is an option that I do not have enabled. Small banners are shown in my groups in the column on the left.

If you don't mind me asking, what were the reason people asked for the groups profile tab to be removed.
Also can you code in an check box option in Preferences to allow those who want this tab to exist on profile pages.

The large banner is an option that I do not have enabled. Small banners are shown in my groups in the column on the left.
So if i started a group, would i have the option to include this banner, or is the feature just not included anymore? Just need some clarification on this.

Would be a nice addition to include the ability to download resources from groups is what i am suggestion. But i am going to assume this will not make it into the add-on.

If you don't mind me asking, what were the reason people asked for the groups profile tab to be removed.
Also can you code in an check box option in Preferences to allow those who want this tab to exist on profile pages.

So if i started a group, would i have the option to include this banner, or is the feature just not included anymore? Just need some clarification on this.

Would be a nice addition to include the ability to download resources from groups is what i am suggestion. But i am going to assume this will not make it into the add-on.
People didn't like the idea of the groups they belong to being publicly available all in one place. I am considering making it an admin option. But besides that, there is a 'member of groups' selection in the group menu that shows all groups a user belongs to.

groupmenu.webp

The large banner is an admin option that applies to all groups, not a group level option.
groupopt.webp

I never said resources would not make it into the add-on. There is a lot more involved to adding it than you might think. And license owner requests/suggestions carry more weight than non-owner. But even then, there's never a guarantee a suggestion will make it into the add-on.

Last edited:
People didn't like the idea of the groups they belong to being publicly available all in one place. I am considering making it an admin option. But besides that, there is a 'member of groups' selection in the group menu that shows all groups a user belongs to.

View attachment 176948

The large banner is an admin option that applies to all groups, not a group level option.
View attachment 176946

I never said resources would not make it into the add-on. There is a lot more involved to adding it than you might think. And license owner requests/suggestions carry more weight than non-owner. But even then, there's never a guarantee a suggestion will make it into the add-on.

And license owner requests/suggestions carry more weight than non-owner
Even tho I am currently not a License owner, i am actually giving good suggestions to help with this add-on. In which ultimately i assume it will make the add-on more attractive and appealing to even more Potential Customers for your product. A Suggestion is a suggestion, and we only suggest because we hope these features could be implemented. We do not expect for all of our suggestions make it into these add-ons, but they are features we see being very useful for our sites if they can be.

Snog updated Social Groups for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.x Update 2.1.0

WARNING: This is a major update to the Social Group system. As such it is strongly suggested you backup your website and database BEFORE upgrading to this version. That way you can revert back to the old version if something should go wrong. It is also recommended that you take your site offline (deactivate site) before upgrading.
  • Add - Support for XenForo media gallery
  • Fix - Restricted group viewing permissions for admins (not super-admins)
  • Change -...

Read the rest of this update entry...

A patch to the Social Group system version 2.1.0 has been released that handles a problem with saving changed group member permissions. If you haven't attempted to change the group member permissions you would not have seen any problems.

Download the add-on, upload the files to your server and install the patched version.

Snog, big privacy issue. Installed your latest patch, as I found your add-on is circumventing all node permissions where "view threads by others" is no longer being validated. When your add-on is disabled, works correctly. A member can only view their threads in a forum. With your add-on enabled, members can view all threads in a forum, even though the forum is set to view only their own threads.

I have all social groups forum permissions set to no. These are forums outside social groups, that have nothing to do with social group forums.

Snog, big privacy issue. Installed your latest patch, as I found your add-on is circumventing all node permissions where "view threads by others" is no longer being validated. When your add-on is disabled, works correctly. A member can only view their threads in a forum. With your add-on enabled, members can view all threads in a forum, even though the forum is set to view only their own threads.

I have all social groups forum permissions set to no. These are forums outside social groups, that have nothing to do with social group forums.
While I haven't seen this, I'll have a look at it and post an update as soon as possible. But most likely not today.

If the forum is set to private, it is respecting the permission. When not set to private, and just limiting by that permission, that is where the issue seems to be. I have other forums set to private and using that permission, and it works correctly in the private forums.

I just tested it with just "View threads by others" set to 'No' and can't duplicate what you're seeing.

Could you post all of the permission settings for the forum in question?

Is it possible for a single forum permissions to corrupt? It works in others, but not in one forum.
Not that I know of, but I suppose anything is possible.

Or, the user belongs to a user group where that forum has "View threads by others" set to 'Yes'. If ANY user group a user belongs to has it set to 'Yes', the user would be able to view threads.

OK... got it nailed. When a forum is a parent, the issue happens. When the forum is under a category, it does not happen.

It is an issue where there is no parent assigned. Disabled groups, parent or not node, permissions work correctly. Groups enabled, the issue is present.

Found another issue... in a group discussion, members only, as a member of the group, if you click the #1 #2 etc post numbers, I get error:

The requested page could not be found. (Code: invalid_action, controller: Snog\Groups:Discussion, action: Post)

Timestamp has same error.

OK... got it nailed. When a forum is a parent, the issue happens. When the forum is under a category, it does not happen.

It is an issue where there is no parent assigned. Disabled groups, parent or not node, permissions work correctly. Groups enabled, the issue is present.
Thanks, that helps narrow it down quite a bit. ;)

Snog updated Social Groups for XenForo 2.x with a new update entry:

Social Groups for XenForo 2.x Update 2.1.1

An update to the Social Groups system for XenForo 2.x has been released. This is a roll-up of patches to version 2.1.0 plus other items. Those that have purchased this add-on, please log into your account on my site to download this update.
  • Add - Member search for group owners
  • Fix - XF forum permissions being ignored in some cases
  • Fix - Invalid action error in discussions

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is this important? I found 3 of them on my dev board from a member playing around helping me test it:

Code:
Server error log
[LIST]
[*]TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XF\Repository\StyleProperty::getEffectivePropertiesInStyle() must be an instance of XF\Entity\Style, null given, called in /var/www/myptsd/html/src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Event.php on line 48
[*] 
[*]src/XF/Repository/StyleProperty.php:128
[*]Generated by: somerandomguy
[*] 
[*]Jun 26, 2018 at 11:06 AM
[/LIST]
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Snog/Groups/Pub/Controller/Event.php(48): XF\Repository\StyleProperty->getEffectivePropertiesInStyle(NULL)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Event->actionEventFeed(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(87): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Snog\\Groups:Eve...', 'Eventfeed', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'snogGroups', Object(Snog\Groups\Pub\Controller\Event), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#6 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(84) "/group_events/test-group.2/eventfeed?start=2018-05-27&end=2018-07-08&_=1529975160760"
  ["referrer"] => string(51) "https://www.ptsdnews.com/group_events/test-group.2/"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["/group_events/test-group_2/eventfeed"] => string(0) ""
    ["start"] => string(10) "2018-05-27"
    ["end"] => string(10) "2018-07-08"
    ["_"] => string(13) "1529975160760"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom