Social Groups for XenForo

Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] 2.1.33 Patch Level 6

No permission to buy ($49.00)

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

Social Groups - Add social groups to XenForo 2.x

This is a complete, fully configurable social group system that allows for group discussions, forums, event calendars and a basic group photo album.

The ability to create each section of the group is fully usergroup permissions based. So if you don't want a user group to create a photo album, you just turn off that ability.

FEATURES :
  • Create Group Forum
  • Create Group Discussion area*
  • Create Group Photo Album (with photo comments)
  • Create Group Event Calendar...

Read more about this resource...

I actually love this:

*Group discussions are totally separate from XenForo's node system and they are not interchangable.

I would just need to find a way to import my groups from the current screwed up addon I use before I bought this one 🤔

I have to say this add-on looks promising.
Just wanted to throw a suggestion out their.
What about Group resources that can be uploaded. A Good way to have members of a certain group really feel appreciated of joining a group if they can upload resources and download resources from the group.
Quick Example would be a Photoshop group or a Graphic Design group that uploads Styles and shapes and color swatches and Actions. But you can only have access to these resources if you are apart of the group.
Another cool feature would be duration of time to be a member before you can actually download things.

Just installed, works excellent.
Can we create albums on Group Photo tab? Anh can we upload multiple photos at a time?
If not, can we integrate Xenforo Media Gallery for Group Photo?

Thank you.

I am back with more suggestions lol!
  • Age Restriction for groups option!
  • Group Media Tab: ( Excellent for Gaming Groups to show off their videos.) (Excellent for Photography groups etc....)
  • Group Leader Boards! ( Most post, Most likes, Most Resources etc....)
  • Group member of the month! ( Can be set by Group owner or moderator of that group.) Or ( Top members widget )
  • Group member of the year:
  • Donation to group admin! ( One way members can give back to a Admin who is promoting and running their group exceptionally well.)
  • Feature groups for their group forum posting activity. ( This would take CTA Feature Threads add-on x2 http://prntscr.com/gk43iz )
  • Group Resources: ( Members can upload resources and download resources if they are a group member.)
  • Duration of time to be a member before you can actually download Resources.
  • Affiliates/Partner Groups: (This way you can promote your other groups, or a friends group.)
  • Group Reporting: ( Members can report a group to site admin for unfair acts.)
  • Moderation Warning System for Groups: ( To many warning or reports against a group can Lock the group for a certain amount of time.)
  • Group Rules and regulations Tab: (Separate from Group description)
  • Visitors: a list of site members who visited your group page.
  • Newest Group Members:
  • Group Profile Tab ( a way to showcase all of the groups you are apart of.)
  • Reason for leaving group: ( Helps Group owners understand why members are leaving. Force members to leave a reason before leaving. )
  • Reason why you would like to join group: ( Optional Request by Group owner, because he / she may or may not want that option for new members)

Keep up the great work with this Add-on.

Last edited:
So my members' primary user group must be the standard "registered" in order to use the addon? Right now I have several primary user groups.. is there any way around this?

Just installed, works excellent.
Can we create albums on Group Photo tab? Anh can we upload multiple photos at a time?
If not, can we integrate Xenforo Media Gallery for Group Photo?

Thank you.
No, the photo area is quite admittedly a very rudimentary system and does not allow albums or multiple uploads at one time.

I've already had a peek at XFMG on a client's install and because of some of the changes to it, it does look promising to incorporate it into the group system in some yet unknown form. So, it is already on the wish list for the add-on. But, be aware that I must complete the conversion of all of my other add-ons before any additions will be made.

I am back with more suggestions lol!
  • Age Restriction for groups option!
  • Group Media Tab: ( Excellent for Gaming Groups to show off their videos.) (Excellent for Photography groups etc....)
  • Group Leader Boards! ( Most post, Most likes, Most Resources etc....)
  • Group member of the month! ( Can be set by Group owner or moderator of that group.) Or ( Top members widget )
  • Group member of the year:
  • Donation to group admin! ( One way members can give back to a Admin who is promoting and running their group exceptionally well.)
  • Feature groups for their group forum posting activity. ( This would take CTA Feature Threads add-on x2 http://prntscr.com/gk43iz )
  • Group Resources: ( Members can upload resources and download resources if they are a group member.)
  • Duration of time to be a member before you can actually download Resources.
  • Affiliates/Partner Groups: (This way you can promote your other groups, or a friends group.)
  • Group Reporting: ( Members can report a group to site admin for unfair acts.)
  • Moderation Warning System for Groups: ( To many warning or reports against a group can Lock the group for a certain amount of time.)
  • Group Rules and regulations Tab: (Separate from Group description)
  • Visitors: a list of site members who visited your group page.
  • Newest Group Members:
  • Group Profile Tab ( a way to showcase all of the groups you are apart of.)

Keep up the great work with this Add-on.

The only one of these that is already in the group system is the age restriction. That would be controlled by the admin setting a user group that can view "Restricted Groups" for just that purpose.
restricted.webp

I'll bookmark your post in the wish list for the add-on so I can refer back to it once all of my other add-ons are converted to XF2.

So my members' primary user group must be the standard "registered" in order to use the addon? Right now I have several primary user groups.. is there any way around this?

Unfortunately not without some custom modifications.

The user group structure is needed because there are some initial permissions that have to be handled by the add-on internally. And it only accounts for the registered and unregistered user groups. There's no way to automatically detect a user group structure that is different from the standard, recommended XF structure.

The only one of these that is already in the group system is the age restriction. That would be controlled by the admin setting a user group that can view "Restricted Groups" for just that purpose.
View attachment 157704

I'll bookmark your post in the wish list for the add-on so I can refer back to it once all of my other add-ons are converted to XF2.

Ok cool, I will keep updating the post if a new idea/suggestion comes to mind. Thank you for bookmarking, and even considering some of my suggestions. ;):) This add-on might make me invest in X2

Is there a demo some where for 2.x? I'm just wondering what it looks like when using a phone.

I don't have a live XF 2 site running yet (and I won't until XF 2 is out of Beta). And I don't know of any live XF 2 site running it yet.

Yes, with each XenForo Beta release there could be changes that affect the add-on. So, if installing on a new Beta it's best to download the add-on again. There won't be any version changes for the add-on while XenForo is in Beta mode.

Just a note that there was a template change in XenForo 2 Beta 4 that required a change in this add-on.

Those that have this add-on, download it again. Upload files to your server. Then go to Admin-Add-ons and select 'Rebuild' in the dropdown for the add-on.

Just a note that there was a template change in XenForo 2 Beta 4 that required a change in this add-on.

Those that have this add-on, download it again. Upload files to your server. Then go to Admin-Add-ons and select 'Rebuild' in the dropdown for the add-on.

I'm waiting for XFMG Gallery integration then I upgrade :D

Top Bottom