Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

Snog

Snog submitted a new resource:

Social Groups - Add social groups to XenForo

socialgroups-png.106413

This social group system for XenForo is unlike any other created to date.

This is a complete, fully configurable social group system that allows for group discussions, forums and a basic group photo album.

The ability to create each section of the group is fully usergroup permissions based. So if you don't want a user group to create a photo album, you just turn off that ability.

FEATURES :
  • Create...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Does this allow group owners to set privacy permissions whether group content is public, member or private? What about invite only groups / apply to join process?

Compatible with Post Ratings please in the new Version!

If you setup your groups to use forum groups and not discussion groups and then post rating works the same as it would in a normal forum. This is how I have it working on my forum.

Does this allow group owners to set privacy permissions whether group content is public, member or private? What about invite only groups / apply to join process?

Yes you able to set the permissions up this way. As far as the invite goes it does not have this feature but @Snog is normally open to suggestion for these type of improvements .

Last edited:
DaveM was correct with his answer, but I'll expand on it a little bit.

Invite only groups would be basically the same as a private group. If someone requests membership, you would just deny membership, explaining that the group is invite only. In addition, you could put that the group is invite only in the group description which is always visible to everyone.

Apply to join I never thought of. But, that is something that would tie in well with Advanced Application Forms. I'll put that on the wish list.

Top Bottom