Social Groups for XenForo 1.x [Deleted]

I've seen some Social Group Forum without "Group Information" and "Group Members" tab.
Looks like the group itself was deleted but forum was retained and members of it still posting new threads/post.

How can I fix it?
When a group is deleted, the forum for the group is normally hidden, not deleted. That is intentional to give the admin of the site the opportunity to move threads they want to keep. If it's visible in the forum list, it was made visible again by someone with admin permissions in the ACP.

You need to either delete the forum in the ACP, or move it to another area of your forum.

But members of the group are still able to post is it intended?
If they know the path to the forum, even if it's hidden threads/replies can be posted into it. That's the default for XenForo, hidden doesn't lock the forum.

Reactions: rdn
Hey Snog, We've just moved to XF but for some reason we've neglected the groups we had on vB, is it possible to import groups from vB to your software? If it is that would be amazing.
Thanks, T

Hey Snog, We've just moved to XF but for some reason we've neglected the groups we had on vB, is it possible to import groups from vB to your software? If it is that would be amazing.
Thanks, T
Yes, there is an importer available on my site.
https://snogssite.com/resources/vbulletin-social-groups-importer-for-xenforo-1-x.33/

But, there are some requirements that must be met to import properly. Be sure to review them prior to importing.

Also, make sure we're talking about XenForo 1.x. At this time there is no importer for the XenForo 2.x version of the group system.

I can't find the upgrade option, only the full price option.

3cd2b5131721996bd7e93137443d7481.png

d89f5b725bc33f5fcd785f5a4949d9bc.png

I found an issue: when category banners are enabled they reset to the default size instead (220 x 80) instead of using whatever is configured for banner width and height.

Also i have a few requests:

• It would be great if there were an option to go directly to the group information page when a user clicks the groups forum on index page (instead of going to the forum like it does currently).
  • On the category display page, allow to set a custom order (instead of alphabetically like it is currently).
Also, how do i add members to a private group? By private group i mean "This is a private group" and "Hide Private Group" are checked. I don't see any option to do this.

Last edited:
I found an issue: when category banners are enabled they reset to the default size instead (220 x 80) instead of using whatever is configured for banner width and height.

Also i have a few requests:

• It would be great if there were an option to go directly to the group information page when a user clicks the groups forum on index page (instead of going to the forum like it does currently).
  • On the category display page, allow to set a custom order (instead of alphabetically like it is currently).
Also, how do i add members to a private group? By private group i mean "This is a private group" and "Hide Private Group" are checked. I don't see any option to do this.
I'll issue an update for the category banners some time next week.

To invite members, use the "Invite New Member" button on the member list page. You must be the group owner (or an admin) to invite members.
invite.webp

How do i unset a group avatar? I tried even editing the database and i couldnt find out how to do this.
Just upload a different avatar.

If you REALLY need it to be the default avatar for some reason, put default.png in the groupavatar field in the database. I haven't had anyone ask to be able to reset them to the default before.

Hmm, i tried that but the groups are still referencing the old avatar. In particular what i mean by group avatar is the icon next to the forum on the forum index. It suddenly started showing up as 1-sm.png instead of the default node icon when i moved the category lower on the page.

Hmm, i tried that but the groups are still referencing the old avatar. In particular what i mean by group avatar is the icon next to the forum on the forum index. It suddenly started showing up as 1-sm.png instead of the default node icon when i moved the category lower on the page.
Are you talking about the Category icons for group categories?

If that's the case, click on the category icons link in the group tab and then click on the category name to reset it to the default icon for your styles.
caticons.webp

Ah, wait. You're talking about the actual forum icons.

They are controlled by the snog_socialgroups_extra.css file. Remove any info in there related to the forum(s) in question.

You'll see lines like these referencing the node ID...
Code:
.node.node_45 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_45 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background: url('data/snogsocialgroups/GroupAvatars/1-sm.jpg');
    width:36px;
    height:36px;
    opacity: 0.6;
}

.node.node_45 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_45 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background: url('data/snogsocialgroups/GroupAvatars/1-sm.jpg');
    width:36px;
    height:36px;
    opacity: 1.0;
}

Top Bottom