Social Connect (for Facebook and Twitter) [Deleted]

It doesn't seem to, unless I'm missing some obvious setting. I think we just need a better Recent Status block for the WF, the current one is lacking. ;)
I've got it working, I will do an update shortly.

What's wrong with the current one?

Groovy. :D
Not as good as our old Xenporta one; long delay in posting the updates, no number of characters remaining countdown.

no number of characters remaining countdown.
twvOI.png

;)

I did not get an email to upgrade from 1.0. This looks awesome!
The e-mail when you originally purchased will still work and will download the latest version.

If you don't have that, you'll have to send me a PM with your e-mail address that you originally ordered with so I can re-send the e-mail.

Oh I didn't know that this was what was preventing it. I wonder why they have chosen not to release an API for it. I thought they already allowed it though, but I guess I was wrong on that part.
There's some weird hack you can do via Twitter, I forget, but it's hardly worth doing.

There is an API that allows you to read, but nothing yet to allow you to write data.

So I could write something to collect a load of status updates and their comments, but unlike Facebook and Twitter I can't write something to send updates and comments to Google.

Stupid really, no wonder they're falling behind.

There's some weird hack you can do via Twitter, I forget, but it's hardly worth doing.

There is an API that allows you to read, but nothing yet to allow you to write data.

So I could write something to collect a load of status updates and their comments, but unlike Facebook and Twitter I can't write something to send updates and comments to Google.

Stupid really, no wonder they're falling behind.
See that may be what I was thinking of was the reading and not writing. But yeah they definitely need to get that fixed. I actually really like Google Plus.

Hmm... There's an unofficial script written by someone. I imagine it's a bit like a forum bot. It quite simply takes your Google+ username and password (this means storing it pretty much in plain text in the database and within your PHP files - only visible from the server, but still visible clearly) and I guess it just fills in forms with the appropriate data.

It seemingly works.

I'm just not keen on the idea of including it in case it breaks and due to the insecurity of it.

EDIT: Oh and it's $49. Not a major problem, but would rather Google just release a free and public API!

Hmm... There's an unofficial script written by someone. I imagine it's a bit like a forum bot. It quite simply takes your Google+ username and password (this means storing it pretty much in plain text in the database and within your PHP files - only visible from the server, but still visible clearly) and I guess it just fills in forms with the appropriate data.

It seemingly works.

I'm just not keen on the idea of including it in case it breaks and due to the insecurity of it.
Agreed. It would be much better if it was officially from Google. Much better to wait IMO.

The e-mail when you originally purchased will still work and will download the latest version.

If you don't have that, you'll have to send me a PM with your e-mail address that you originally ordered with so I can re-send the e-mail.
I found the email! Awesome work, Chris!

I dislike the members tab.
The default tab which has an alphabetical list of members is particularly useless.
Even Kier said it sucks.
Maybe adding some relevant content might make it semi useful.

An easy mod might be a 2 column list of members you follow.
Maybe even a link to http://xenforo.com/community/account/following

members.tab.small.tweak.webp
It looks nice too :)
Might remind people who they are following.
This is a small tweak that helps a small amount the issue of making Xenforo more internally social (in this case helping people remember who they are following).
- Maybe list the followers last status message ?

I like it, but you'd probably be better of posting it as a request elsewhere.

This add-on is all about connecting XenForo to social networks more than making XenForo itself more social.

Top Bottom