Social Connect (for Facebook and Twitter)

Social Connect (for Facebook and Twitter) [Paid] 2.2.5

No permission to buy (£15.00)

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Chris Deeming submitted a new resource:

Social Connect (Bundle) (version 2.0) - Let your members connect to Facebook and/or Twitter to post their new threads, trophies and statuses

Description

Social Connect allows your members to connect their forum accounts to Facebook and/or Twitter.

By doing this, when your members post a new thread, update their status or get awarded a trophy, a Tweet and/or Post will automatically created on their Facebook timeline or Twitter feed.

First, your members can access the Social Connect settings from the visitor panel (below) or from their Account settings:...
Read more about this resource...

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
You need to download and upgrade 8thos as your beta version has some bugs. You should have hopefully received an email with the most current build.

DRE

I just tested it using only Twitter integration and from my own Facebook, twitter integration (unrelated to your addon but a default feature of Facebook).

Works great! I love how you let our forum titles show up on Facebook.

Case

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Does this replace your Social Status Updater add-on? Or do we need to uninstall that one and install this one?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Oops. Not a dumb question at all. I should have said.

This completely replaces SSU so please uninstall that before attempting to install the new one.

simunaqv

Hi Chris,
I have a couple of questions. Do you plan to include Google Plus integration at some point? Also would it be possible to extend this add-on to include more updates e.g. when somebody gets an award using the medal system?

0xym0r0n

This looks great. I have more facebook fans than twitter, so I eagerly await separate add-on for facebook :)
Keep up the great work!

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Hi simunaqv.

No plans (yet) for G+ integration.

Yes, I could release a module for that, but I do not have a time scale (very busy :()

Case

The whole status updates side of xenForo is ridiculously underused imo. Unless I'm missing something.

Just a simple change like your news feed only showing status updates would be a start.