• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Implemented SMF 2.0 to Xenforo Converter

borbole

I used to use SMF, but recently switched and would like to be able to convert the users/boards/posts, etc to Xenforo instead of losing it all. There have been topics in the past about this but I believe they are either gone, deleted, or very very old.
Try to convert first to phpBB 3 and then back to xenforo as there is no direct smf->xenforo converter.

Kenson M

I decided to start fresh, lol.

EDIT: 10 AM: I would still like to see this developed, for other members to have their site converted as well.

Last edited:

Tracy Perry

Try to convert first to phpBB 3 and then back to xenforo as there is no direct smf->xenforo converter.
I believe that he is also trying to do is to see if there is enough support out there to gather interest in having a native converter included instead of doing the multi-board steps for conversion. Even though I don't use SMF, I liked the first post as I believe that the easier it is to convert from other forum software natively, the better it is for xenForo.

borbole

I believe that he is also trying to do is to see if there is enough support out there to gather interest in having a native converter included instead of doing the multi-board steps for conversion. Even though I don't use SMF, I liked the first post as I believe that the easier it is to convert from other forum software natively, the better it is for xenForo.
Ah, ok. I agree as well btw, a direct converter is much better than a round about one. And hopefully it will be included in xenforo as from what I have seen there have been quite a lot of demand for it. Liked the first post too.

Kenson M

@Sheratan Yes I used to use SMF but the community there on their support board has gotten pretty bad. They warned me for having a signature that was 110% within the guidelines just because that one staff member doesn't like my posting style it seems.

Kenson M

I'd be happy to recommend to friends that are looking for a paid solution (if any) coming from SMF if you are able to create an official one or something.

Jeremy

At the moment, you need to transfer via a different software that is supported. Any new features or importers will be announced in the appropriate announcement forums.

Adam Howard

I used to use SMF, but recently switched and would like to be able to convert the users/boards/posts, etc to Xenforo instead of losing it all. There have been topics in the past about this but I believe they are either gone, deleted, or very very old.
I currently keep a copy of vBulletin just for this reason. I'd love to finally cut off all ties with Internet Brands.

(Because the smf to phpbb method does not alway do so well).

Please add my voice to the list. I have one XenForo site that I started fresh but I have 3 others that are all SMF.

I'm holding off on buying XenForo licenses for the very reason that I don't want to lose the data.