• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 SMF 2.0 conflicting users not displayed

Hey,

Obviously I'm writing here because I have a problem.
Right now I'm trying to import users from SMF 2.0.7 to XF 1.4.3 I don't want to merge anything automatically so I have unticked options to merge users with same username or same e-mail address.
The users without conflicts import properly but users who need manual merging don't get displayed at all.

Here is what I get:

2014-12-02_13-49-39.png
There are no users displayed and I cannot go further with the import. I'm stuck.
What could be the cause? We have one custom field in xf_user table which stores ID of our custom accounts database.

Actually, I don't need users or user groups imported at all. Is it possible just to import forums/threads/posts without importing users at all? Can it be done by modifying importer?

If yes, can you point me in the right direction?

EDIT: I've found that there is error with "uid" var.

Last edited:

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Hi Furai,

I'm just going to send you a copy of the updated SMF importer which is going to be in XF 1.4.4.

Could you try it and see if it resolves the issue?

The updated SMF importer works like a charm so far. I haven't really tried to import users because I don't need them.
I'm posting here quote from the conversation for people looking for a solution to skip some of the steps in the importer.
Chris D said:
In the SMF.php file there is a function called getSteps()

That lists the steps that must be followed to complete the import.

There'll be two things you need to do:

1) Remove the steps you don't want to run.
2) Remove any references to those steps in the 'depends' array, e.g.

For the threads step, you'll want to change:
PHP:
'depends' => array('forums', 'users')
To:
PHP:
'depends' => array('forums')
Note: Use at your own risk.