SkinMyForum: New Creation

Alfa1

I see some very nice work in your portfolio there. @DominicE I will be sure to checkout your portfolio now and then. Please do update this thread when you add new designs to your portfolio.

RobinHood

Looks really good. Immediately I miss being able to see how active a particular subforum is before entering it (how many threads/posts), but the UI is so clean without it, perhaps it's not a bad thing as users will will have to click to enter to see what's there.

Mike Creuzer

Looks really good. Immediately I miss being able to see how active a particular subforum is before entering it (how many threads/posts), but the UI is so clean without it, perhaps it's not a bad thing as users will will have to click to enter to see what's there.
Yeah, its a good point. Really, does the end user care how many threads are in a forum? Not really, they just want to read/contribute. So stats end up probably hurting more than they help. Good for admins/staff, not really useful for anyone else.

RobinHood

Yeah, perhaps.

I see the stats as a sign of activity and social proof to lend the forum credibility of being active and having a decent amount of content. It gives me context as to what parts of the forum get traffic and therefore what the real emphasis of the members that use it talk about.

Usually I only pay attention to the stats on my first couple of visits to a new forum. If the stats are good, I'm intrigued and will investigate further, potentially registering.

If it looks dead, then I'll likely leave.

No stats could potentially work better on a newer forum than a more established one by that logic.

Mike Creuzer

Yeah, perhaps.

I see the stats as a sign of activity and social proof to lend the forum credibility of being active and having a decent amount of content. It gives me context as to what parts of the forum get traffic and therefore what the real emphasis of the members that use it talk about.

Usually I only pay attention to the stats on my first couple of visits to a new forum. If the stats are good, I'm intrigued and will investigate further, potentially registering.

If it looks dead, then I'll likely leave.

No stats could potentially work better on a newer forum than a more established one by that logic.
I think I can agree with that.

Sorry for tangent @RoldanLT site looks great @DominicE