1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simplicity 1.2.0

Orange, Simple

1. Malcolm M

Malcolm M Active Member

Malcolm Melbourne submitted a new resource:

Simplicity - Orange, Simple

Read more about this resource...

2. Malcolm M

Malcolm M Active Member

Style is now free.

3. Malcolm M

Malcolm M Active Member

Malcolm Melbourne updated Simplicity with a new update entry:

Simplicity - Moderation Bar

Read the rest of this update entry...

4. Malcolm M

Malcolm M Active Member

5. Malcolm M

Malcolm M Active Member

6. Malcolm M

Malcolm M Active Member

If you have a suggestion - please feel free to contact me!

7. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

@Malcolm Melbourne if this is your first style then you have talent for this. I dont like many styles designers make for XF. This looks appealing. Please keep creating styles.
    In regards to feedback on your style, here goes. I am looking at version 1.1 now. my suggestions:
    1. Loose the green. The orange and grey / sand-white are a good colour play. Green breaks that. Try different a different colour to make notices stand out.
    2. If you choose to use rounded corners for blocks, then do that everywhere. i.e. the breadcrumb, notices, sidebar blocks, member info block on posts, post content, etc. Either go for rounded corners or not. Or make 2 styles :)
    3. There is an orange line at the bottom of the sidebar block. You do not use this anywhere else in the design, so its better to remove it or add an orange border around the entire block. Try to be very consistent in everything you do.
    4. The same distance between category blocks should also be below the last one and bottom breadcrumb.
    5. Make background of post content and chat content a little lighter to create more contrast. A large benefit of using grey is that its easy on the eyes, but it needs more contrast for that.
    6. Add more contrast to the footer so the text can be read.

Malcolm M likes this.
  8. Malcolm M

Malcolm M Active Member

@Alfa1 Thanks for the feedback! I will most definitely apply some these suggestions in future releases. I also do apologize for the slow reply!

9. Malcolm M

Malcolm M Active Member

You decide: Should we keep the main categories separate or should we merge them? I personally believe we should keep them separated.

Screenshot at Oct 26 01-19-32.png

10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I agree with you.

Malcolm M likes this.
  11. Malcolm M

Malcolm M Active Member

Updates for the style are coming soon. Updates may include:
    • Redesign of the following pages Profile page, settings, personal messaging.
    • New look for Moderation Bar 2.0
    • losing the green like @Alfa1 suggested.
    • Removing some components from sidebar and adding them to Moderation bar 2.0
    More work will be expected.