Silvertails Giphy integration [Deleted]

Dannymh

Dannymh submitted a new resource:

Silvertails Giphy integration - Bring giphy search straight to your forums

Silvertails Giphy integration brings Giphy Search and trending directly to your xenforo site. Allowing your users to easily say what they want to say through the magic of an animated gif.

It increases interaction on your site and is a fast and reliable system compatible with the default editor in xenforo.

The Giphy integration is highly configurable allowing you to adapt the experience to your users to suit your needs.

Heavily re-written for XF2 to be faster and more lightweight.

You can...

Read more about this resource...

Hi there

I've just installed this on my forum but when I type into the search bar nothing appeared. Tried it on Safari and Chrome. Used to use this plugin fine on 1.5 and I've put my key details in

any ideas?

PIckoDR.png

Hi there

I've just installed this on my forum but when I type into the search bar nothing appeared. Tried it on Safari and Chrome. Used to use this plugin fine on 1.5 and I've put my key details in

any ideas?

PIckoDR.png
There was an issue with secure http not picking up, a new version has been released

Is there a demo I can look at? Can the layout be changed, like a button for GIFF which will then shows the search bar or something like that.

Is there a demo I can look at? Can the layout be changed, like a button for GIFF which will then shows the search bar or something like that.

Hi,

I dont have a public facing XF2 site yet so I do not have a demo for it. However you can see it working in XF1 on silvertails.net

The layout can be changed to an extent, you can alter the size of the images that are shown in the search results, the size that is inserted etc, but anything more would require you to alter the templates and some files, I made it as flexible as possible.
At the moment it operates the same as the smilies in the editor, it flies down from the top allows you to search and then the results fly in underneath that much like in facebook messenger. You can then click on an image to add it to the editor. There are options for the actions for the editor to take after that also

Good day, can you please sort out the resulting image that gets placed in a thread to conform to giphy's standards? They rejected my application because you don't show that the image is powered by giphy there and only in the search bar

Unless they have changed the rules there is no need for you to have the powered by GIPHY on the image, only on the search where the api is used. I’d suggest trying to submit it again it will likely be accepted by a different moderator there, I’ve not had any others rejected.

If you still have issues I can run a special update for you but will need to wait until next week as I’m about to board a plane

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Top Bottom