Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
@Bob B is there a way to limit the link titles in the widgets to 30 chars?

the wf framework master setting doesn't affect blocks from this addon

Last edited:
Looks like a great addon, nice work.

I'm looking to import from DTO Garage, I assume there is no import function built into Showcase? I'll make a help-wanted post in the custom development/paid services part of the site, take a look if you're interested in helping out with this.

Reactions: Bob
Currently, no. You'd have to have a developer write you a custom import script.

That's what I figured. I know of others using dto garage that want to migrate. I'm not sure, but the dto support forum is sans moderation so I assume there is no more development there ... might be a lot of ppl looking to move at some point.

I love the "new Showcase items" alerts
upload_2013-9-12_19-40-32.webp
Very nice !
upload_2013-9-12_19-40-10.webp

When there are no new showcase items .... it seems like this message was a bit cramped.
Maybe some space between the Tabs and the Text ?
(IMO).

I agree it would be nice to have a url which points straight to a particular tab of the showcase item. Is it even possible though?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/showcase-paid.40597/page-33#post-624207

Showcase uses a combo of Tab Containers (for the 5 custom content tabs and the Image Gallery) AND Navigation tabs (reviews and discussion threads) all of which can be direct accessed via a URL. Easiest way to see/understand this is if you are viewing the Discussion thread of an item (or on the reviews tab) and click on any tabs (it will open to that tabs content or page depending on if its a tab container or actual page).

http://localhost/XF-Dev/index.php?showcase/1969-camaro-z-28.14/ <---- defaults to Tab 1 Content displayed
http://localhost/XF-Dev/index.php?showcase/1969-camaro-z-28.14/#tab2 <--- content container tab that displays tab 2's content
http://localhost/XF-Dev/index.php?showcase/1969-camaro-z-28.14/#images <--- content container tab that displays the image gallery content
http://localhost/XF-Dev/index.php?showcase/1969-camaro-z-28.14/reviews <--- navigation tab that opens up a new page (reviews is its own PAGE just like in the RM).

In this next upcoming version, users that are tagged in a specific content tab are alerted and direct linked to open the item to that specific tab that there were tagged in.

NOTE: the above URLs are just posted to show Digital Doctor that they are infact URLs lol

I upgraded from 1.1.5 to 1.2.2 - I had your previous version but also just installed to 1.3.0 showcase and seem to not show any of my thumbnail images on homepage truckmountforums.com/showcase/

Install & Upgrade Doc 1.3.0 that is included in the ZIP file

Step 4: Tools >> Rebuild Caches >> Rebuild Showcase Thumbnails (only need to do this the first time up upgrade to SC 1.3.x series)

Multiple Categories?
Is it possible to specify multiple categories? I would like to offer games in the showcase and use Genres as categories but many game shave multiple Genres.

Enhanced Reviews?
Also for reviews is it just the usual 5 star review or can it support enhanced reviews supporting multiple options.
Example:
Gameplay: 4
Sound: 4
Plot: 5
Calculated Total: 4.3

Edit History?
Would it be possible to allow anyone to edit a showcase item but only moderators can revert to a previous change using xf 1.2 edit history? Would like to do the showcase wiki-style in terms of editing permissions.

Last edited:
That's what I figured. I know of others using dto garage that want to migrate. I'm not sure, but the dto support forum is sans moderation so I assume there is no more development there ... might be a lot of ppl looking to move at some point.

I'm in need off the same migration tool! My hope on an DTO product for xenforo is none... it looks like they are not on this planet anymore!

If you are using xenFoogle Pro, you will find that you have two "Create Entry" buttons present. The solution that I have found it to edit the PAGE_CONTAINER template and find
Code:
                <!-- sidebar -->
                <aside>
                <xen:if is="{$topctrl}"><div class="topCtrl">{xen:raw $topctrl}</div></xen:if>
and replace with
Code:
                <!-- sidebar -->
                <aside>
                <xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'nflj_showcase_index_modular'">
                <xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'nflj_showcase_index_grid'">
                <xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'nflj_showcase_index_list'">
                <xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'nflj_showcase_category_list'">
                <xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} != 'nflj_showcase_member_list'">
                <xen:if is="{$topctrl}"><div class="topCtrl">{xen:raw $topctrl}</div></xen:if>
                </xen:if>
As far as I have found, that should remove any of the double "Create Entry" buttons.

Last edited:
Aw man. This addon looks awesome. I wish I would have known about it before I bought the RM. I wouldn't have had to do all the hacks on it to make it usable for a gaming site. :)

Top Bottom