Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
Bob, let me ask: what are your plans for XF2 for this addon ?
I am fully committed to XF2, so yes, there will be an XF2 version of Showcase. I recently added XF2 info to the FAQ tab of all my resources. Outside of a couple FAQs, any information regarding the XF2 version of Showcase will be posted at my support site https://xenaddons.com

I like the "articles" part that this addon
If you are referring to the Articles Navigation Tab at my support site, that is AMS (Article Management System). It is a different addon (it is not listed in the resource manager).

As for suggestions, they need to be posted at my support site. Each addon has its own dedicated suggestions forum so that each individual suggestion can be discussed, tracked, prefixed and tagged. You are more than welcome to register and post as many suggestions as you want to :)

I am fully committed to XF2, so yes, there will be an XF2 version of Showcase. I recently added XF2 info to the FAQ tab of all my resources. Outside of a couple FAQs, any information regarding the XF2 version of Showcase will be posted at my support site https://xenaddons.com

If you are referring to the Articles Navigation Tab at my support site, that is AMS (Article Management System). It is a different addon (it is not listed in the resource manager).

As for suggestions, they need to be posted at my support site. Each addon has its own dedicated suggestions forum so that each individual suggestion can be discussed, tracked, prefixed and tagged. You are more than welcome to register and post as many suggestions as you want to :)

Does the current stable release of Showcase work with PHP7? Or will this come with XF2 release.

I am fully committed to XF2, so yes, there will be an XF2 version of Showcase. I recently added XF2 info to the FAQ tab of all my resources

"Will there be a fee to upgrade from XF1 version to XF2 version of Showcase? There will be NO FEE, however, those with a special XF1 lifetime license will need to purchase a 1 year support/downloads agreement as the special XF1 lifetime support/downloads only applies to XF1 versions of the addon."

@Bob Once we purchase the 1 year support agreement, will that then extend lifetime support for XF2 after the 1st year?

Does the current stable release of Showcase work with PHP7?

Yes, I use PHP7.1 with no issues.

@Bob Once we purchase the 1 year support agreement, will that then extend lifetime support for XF2 after the 1st year?
"the special XF1 lifetime support/downloads only applies to XF1 versions of the addon".
No. As I've stated, those special support/download licenses only apply to XF1 versions of the addon and won't apply to XF2 versions. If you have any further questions about this, please them at the support site (https://xenaddons.com) (or start a conversation with me).

I really like this addon. However, what would be very helpful from my point of view is a payment option, so that you can allow users to post items for a small few and a limited period of time. Maybe this can be combined with the built in XF upgrade system. @Bob

In XF1 you can set up a usergroup with permission to add items and an account upgrade that is tied to that group. This way you can allow users to post items for a limited period of time.
However, this will not allow you to charge per item. Maybe the new XF2 payment framework can be used to enable this. I am not sure yet.

I really like this addon. However, what would be very helpful from my point of view is a payment option, so that you can allow users to post items for a small few and a limited period of time. Maybe this can be combined with the built in XF upgrade system. @Bob
There are existing suggestions for something like this that are being considered for XF2 versions of Showcase and other large scale addons of mine.

I have just installed the current version and had problems to view the categories in the ACP overview. However, after I've replaced
Code:
protected function _getCategoryCreateEditResponse(array $category)
{
   $response = parent::_getCategoryCreateEditResponse($category);
by
Code:
protected function _getCategoryCreateEditResponse(array $category, $actionType = false)
{
   $response = parent::_getCategoryCreateEditResponse($category, $actionType);
in XFA/ExtendedCover/Extends/Showcase/ControllerAdmin/Category.php I can edit categories.

But when I make changes I cannot save the templates anymore.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-11 um 18.36.42.webp

what can I do now? @Bob

what can I do now? @Bob
The version of the of the XFA addon that you are using (which is extending Showcase) is not compatible with changes in Showcase (within the last year or so) that I made to the Category Admin Controller. I am fairly certain that this was reported to them over a year ago and I am also pretty sure they fixed it, so maybe you just need to upgrade that addon. It was either @Alfa1 or @Dadparvar that reported it to them (they might know whether it was a private fix or if an update was made to the addon). Either way, you'll need to contact them as its a problem with that addon extending Showcase.

btw, support for all my [PAID] addons is provided at https://xenaddons.com (for those with a current support agreement). I don't have any way of verifying that you (or anyone else that posts here) has a current support agreement, so please respect that and post any further support questions at the support site. I use this thread for pre-sales questions only. Thank you.

Hello Bob,

I am looking for a plugin like this for my website. I have a couple of questions:
  1. Are you able to update the source code to XF version 2.x?
  2. Would it be possible to select the view permission for a custom field based on the usergroup?
  3. I am trying to make a business directory where private information about people will be added. Such as full name, address details, company name and contact information. Would it be possible to make a directory such like this with your add-on?
I am looking forward to hear from you. :)

Thanks,
Freud

The answers to all your questions is YES.

Thanks for your quick reply. So if I understood you right, I can make a list with all people added to the database, just like a general search page. Once a user search and find a contact, he is able to see the 'detail listing' page with all the private information provided. If he does not have the right viewing access, the field will not be displayed and/or marked as 'this field is not visible for your usergroup'. Am I right?

Its impossible to tell. Bob has many addons which are all extremely large. IMHO most of them are even more advanced than XenForo itself.
So it will be a very large project to rewrite all those addons for XF2. Bob has said that it will happen, but we need to be patient and realistic. Do not expect it anytime soon.

Reactions: Naz
Top Bottom