Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
Quick question, looking at: http://www.dsmtuners.com/dsm-profiles/1999-gsx.12629/
Are things like Year, Model, Build type, things that are searchable?

I noticed at dsmtuners.com you couldn't search the showcase, is that because they changed the name from showcase to DSM Profiles?
Those are custom Item fields and yes, they are searchable via the Advanced Field Search functionality that comes with showcase (which is permissions driven). Searching Showcase is a permission that can be set per user group (they probably have it off for guests).

And one more question, pls. How can i change Thumbnails of item?

Rebuild Showcase Thumbnails, when i change order images of items, does not work. ?

I was running into problems searching for Showcase items with more than one tag, and found out that Showcase isn't adding Items' tags to their search metadata. All that's necessary to fix that is to add the following to NFLJ_Showcase_Search_DataHandler_Item::_insertIntoIndex:

Code:
if (!empty($data['tags']))
{
        $tags = @unserialize($data['tags']);
        if ($tags)
        {
                $tagIds = array();
                foreach ($tags AS $tagId => $tag)
                        $tagIds[] = $tagId;

$metadata['tag'] = $tagIds;
        }
}

...and to add another clause ($this->isChanged('tags')) to the if-statement in NFLJ_Showcase_DataWriter_Item::_indexForSearch.

Bob, would you be willing to implement these changes in the next update?

I was running into problems searching for Showcase items with more than one tag, and found out that Showcase isn't adding Items' tags to their search metadata. All that's necessary to fix that is to add the following to NFLJ_Showcase_Search_DataHandler_Item::_insertIntoIndex:

Code:
if (!empty($data['tags']))
{
        $tags = @unserialize($data['tags']);
        if ($tags)
        {
                $tagIds = array();
                foreach ($tags AS $tagId => $tag)
                        $tagIds[] = $tagId;

$metadata['tag'] = $tagIds;
        }
}

...and to add another clause ($this->isChanged('tags')) to the if-statement in NFLJ_Showcase_DataWriter_Item::_indexForSearch.

Bob, would you be willing to implement these changes in the next update?
This was implemented a month ago in SC 2.7.2 (https://xenaddons.com/threads/is-it-possible-to-search-multiple-tags.2413/).

btw, in the future, you need to post stuff like this at the dedicated Support Site (https://xenaddons.com/#showcase-support-forums.33).

This could work as Classified ad?
It is not designed for that purpose and does not have any of the basic classifieds functionality that one would need, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you plan on doing a lot of customization.

It is not designed for that purpose and does not have any of the basic classifieds functionality that one would need, so I wouldn't recommend it unless you plan on doing a lot of customization.

Yes that's what i mean, use like basic integration and add or modify functions. Better this, than to start from scratch..- dont you think ?

Yes that's what i mean, use like basic integration and add or modify functions. Better this, than to start from scratch..- dont you think ?
If all you need to do is list items for sale, it can do that. You can have categories and custom fields, and add photos.

However:
• You can't have 'want to buy' listings in the sales categories
• There's no way to process payments or actually sell something with a 'buy it now' button
• There's no way to mark items as sold/shipped that would allow you to filter them out by default
• There's no feedback system.
• There's no store-like layout that would display prices on the listings.
• You can't easily filter by price.

That said, there are no other options, so it may still be worth trying, as long as you're sure you'd never want to use Showcase for any other purpose.

If all you need to do is list items for sale, it can do that. You can have categories and custom fields, and add photos.

However:
• You can't have 'want to buy' listings in the sales categories
• There's no way to process payments or actually sell something with a 'buy it now' button
• There's no way to mark items as sold/shipped that would allow you to filter them out by default
• There's no feedback system.
• There's no store-like layout that would display prices on the listings.
• You can't easily filter by price.

That said, there are no other options, so it may still be worth trying, as long as you're sure you'd never want to use Showcase for any other purpose.

Thnks for you reply..

What I want is take advantage of some basic functions, like categories and images, and more.. from there.

1. create regions and cities
  2. modify the submission form
  3. Modify style
  4. modify permission
  5. add payment method

Bob, let me ask: what are your plans for XF2 for this addon ? I like the "articles" part that this addon handle but I need to consider my purchases for future releases and I know that we are not that far away from upgrading.

If you let me suggest something, you could add rich snipets with the grade given for the articles/reviews/etc.. I made a google search and with snippets it would look charming, attracting more users to the forum.

Top Bottom