Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
Question 1)
Over on VBulletin we have custom made "product pages" and we have a custom made "review pages". Can this add on be used twice in the same forum site/ ie, Once to display product info pages (with links to reviews) and once to display Reviews (with links to "more info (the product pages) Or is there another way to achieve this goal
You can only install a given addon once, so no, you can't have 2 distinct versions of the addon at once. With that said, you can create 2 top level categories (one for Products, one for Reviews) and then create as many sub cats for those as you want, then use one of several "Nav Tabs" addons that will allow you to add custom tabs to the Navigation that you can point to those 2 Top Level Categories. You can then use the advanced Modular Layout settings for Showcase Home instead of the normal index listing to create a custom "home" page. You can see what I am referring to by visiting: https://www.thelaw.com (note, they are using my Article System, however, modular layout and the layout types are the same). The sites HOME page is set to AMS Home and Modular Layout. The have 2 Top Level Categories (Law Guide and Law Journal), There are 2 Navigation Tabs (Guide and Law Journal) that point to those Top Level Categories. Feel free to inbox me for more details on this.

Question 2)
Will you be creating a XF v 2.0 version of this in the future?]
Yes.

Is anyone using Showcase for a classifieds section? Would love to see some examples! (besides those at xenaddons.com) :)
That is what many are trying to create. Showcase is a great multifunctional toolbox. But for implementing Showcase as a paid service - like classifieds or similiar -, it lacks in the inclusion of payment options. The native paid subscriptions in XF could handle that, even how long classifieds should be visible and/or a subscriber is able to publish items in a date span and in total (to make it possible to sell packages).

As long as this isn´t implemented in Showcase, it´s "only" a Show-off Addon. A great one for that purpose, definitly. But you can´t monitize it, as you´ld have to manage everything for every user manually - and even when you´re accepting to bear with that, it´s only a rudimentary solution. There are a few suggestions on Bob´s support forums to bring it a bit more closer to a somehow useful paid module despite, but they haven´t received a lot of likes.

As awesome Showcase is in it´s primarly focus, as huge is the downside in making it profitable for the website owner and interested users. May be Bob will add an option to utilze the xf paid subscriptions for that, which would immidiatly eliminate that gap in Showcase. But for now, sad but true, I see no option to be able to create something like a useful, reason- and presentable classifieds section to potential customers.

@Bob ,
regarding the featured category items block at the top of the cat-page: is there may be an option somewhere to have more than just one line for the title? Titles in our showcase will be up to 100 characters max. and I ´m aware that this could lead to some styling issues. When this option isn´t available by now, could you tell me where I can edit this to our liking, please?

Thanks!

@Bob ,
regarding the featured category items block at the top of the cat-page: is there may be an option somewhere to have more than just one line for the title? Titles in our showcase will be up to 100 characters max. and I ´m aware that this could lead to some styling issues. When this option isn´t available by now, could you tell me where I can edit this to our liking, please?

Thanks!
This is a presales thread, please post support questions at the support site: https://xenaddons.com/#showcase-support-forums.33

Will you be making a XenForo 2.x version?

(I will be migrating my 10 million post community straight to 2.x later this year so won't be able to use any 1.x add ons)

So with everything possible on tabs I was imagining this

Product page with Tabs for
product X photos and info and videos
Reviews of / invite to review product X
Threads discussing product X
Add product X to your members "own it / want it" list
Start new thread / question about product X
Links to buy product X

(I will be migrating my 10 million post community straight to 2.x later this year so won't be able to use any 1.x add ons)
I highly doubt that you will be able to migrate to xf2 and have all the addons you need this year.

Have a question, so lets say I have a 300 page thread that I would like to move into showcase, this thread has 200 image attachments and 100 photo links to a site like photobucket, how would all that be handled?

Have a question, so lets say I have a 300 page thread that I would like to move into showcase, this thread has 200 image attachments and 100 photo links to a site like photobucket, how would all that be handled?
There is a "Convert Thread to Showcase Item" function, however, the way it works is that it uses the Thread record Data (Title, date, state etc) and the first Post record Data (message field and attachments on the first post) to create the item. Once the new item is create, the discussion thread is then associated with the showcase item (just like how the XenForo Resource Manager does it).

Maybe this has been answered, but there are 66 pages: I still use the Book Reviews by Waindigo add-on. Can the content from that add-on be imported into this one somehow? Hate to start over when the time comes, and it will soon.

... Book Reviews by Waindigo add-on. Can the content from that add-on be imported into this one somehow?
You'd need to have a custom importer developed. Might be cheaper to find a developer to fix what ever issues you are having with the Book Reviews addon.

Top Bottom