Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
Hi Support

My hosting provide show some infos about problem: "Execute | 1483 | Creating delayed handler | INSERT DELAYED INTO xf_nflj_showcase_item_view" and my site have an error: An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

How to fix this?

Hi Support

My hosting provide show some infos about problem: "Execute | 1483 | Creating delayed handler | INSERT DELAYED INTO xf_nflj_showcase_item_view" and my site have an error: An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

How to fix this?

Disable the "Enable Delayed Insert SQL Queries" option. (Admin CP >> Options >> Performance >> Enable Delayed Insert SQL Queries)

Selection_938.webp

It seems an excellent add-on. :)

Say that I have a paid usergroup. Is there a way to make their items have a more exposure; a special slider, for example?

Thanks!

It seems an excellent add-on. :)

Say that I have a paid usergroup. Is there a way to make their items have a more exposure; a special slider, for example?

Thanks!
Nothing built in directly to handle that situation, however, there are sliders available and one of the sliders settings is the type of content to fetch. One of those types is "Featured". Featuring content is a manual operation that requires a Showcase Moderator Permission in order to mark an item as "Featured". You'd could use the "featured" functionality for that purpose, altho it would take a lot of management because of it being purely a manual process.

Nothing built in directly to handle that situation, however, there are sliders available and one of the sliders settings is the type of content to fetch. One of those types is "Featured". Featuring content is a manual operation that requires a Showcase Moderator Permission in order to mark an item as "Featured". You'd could use the "featured" functionality for that purpose, altho it would take a lot of management because of it being purely a manual process.

Would you think that MySQL Trigger may work? Like I create a trigger before insert so if usergroup = x then NEW.featured = 1

In other words, can the featuring be done thru the DB? or it must be done thru UI?

In the grid view, or in any view, is it possible to customize the showing fields? for example, I want to remove 'Views' field, and add 'Price' field.
Also, is it possible to add all threads in a given node automatically to a showcase category?

Do you think that this add-on is suitable for showing items that are for sale?

Thanks!

In the grid view, or in any view, is it possible to customize the showing fields? for example, I want to remove 'Views' field, and add 'Price' field.
Grid View has a style property to remove the "views", the other layout types would require a template edit to remove the "views" from the byline. Price would be a Custom Item Field. When you create a custom item field, there is a secondary display location that allows you to display field content on specific layout types on Listing Pages. Grid View is NOT a layout type that supports displaying custom field content. Supported types are Article View, News View and News View II. Unsupported are Grid View, List View and Tile View. With that said, the field data is prepared and exposed, so you could customize Grid View and add a specific field to display (not going to get into the HOW, just letting you know its possible).

Also, is it possible to add all threads in a given node automatically to a showcase category?
Not sure what you are asking here. If you are asking if the addon has the ability to CONVERT a Thread into an ITEM, then yes, it has both single and bulk (via inline moderation tools). Its an actual CONVERT (not a "promote").

Do you think that this add-on is suitable for showing items that are for sale?
For display purposes, yes. For actually handling/managing Selling, no. As a Full Featured Classifieds system, no (low level, yes).

Thank you so much. That was pretty clear. :)

Do you have pictures (or demos) of "Article View, News View and News View II". I would like to see if they are suitable to display items that are for sale.

BTW, Custom Item Field is set by administration right? It will apply for all items? The user has to fill that field in order to create new item.

Do you have pictures (or demos) of "Article View, News View and News View II". I would like to see if they are suitable to display items that are for sale.
https://xenaddons.com/showcase/ The home page is currently using all layout types except News View (which is designed more for TEXT than visual). I'll inbox you some detailed screen shots that show which each layout looks like with all the different configuration settings.

BTW, Custom Item Field is set by administration right?
Yes, the management of custom Item Fields and Custom Review Fields are handled in the Admin CP (and the administrator must have the Admin Permission 'manageShowcase').

It will apply for all items?
One of the field settings is "Applicable Categories", so it will apply to items within the specific category or categories that the field is associated with. This allows you to create fields that only apply to a specific category OR create fields that apply to several categories OR create fields that apply to ALL categories.

The user has to fill that field in order to create new item.
Each field has an option "Field is required", so yes, you can make fields required which will prevent an Item from being created until they fill in the required field(s). Same applies to Review Fields that are tied to User Reviews.

Hey Bob,

any chance you could add those 3 to the social sharering tools?

ss_wa_xing_threema.gif
(WhatsApp | XING| Threema)​

Especially XING would be considered as a high priority target for germany, swiss and austria.

Cheers,
Sperber

Hi

(We are migrating from VB to XF soon)

Question 1)
Over on VBulletin we have custom made "product pages" and we have a custom made "review pages". Can this add on be used twice in the same forum site/ ie, Once to display product info pages (with links to reviews) and once to display Reviews (with links to "more info (the product pages) Or is there another way to achieve this goal?

Question 2)
Will you be creating a XF v 2.0 version of this in the future?]

Thank you,

Top Bottom