Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
Hence the name of the addon Showcase that's what it's for to showcase items. I am with Shelley on this one. Each addon serves a specific purpose. The RM is a download manager addon, showcase is a showcase addon, blogs is a blogging addon. They all serve the purpose of what they were designed to do whether that be blogging, showcasing, and allowing downloads.

(Devil's Advocate)Agreed the above addons serves a specific purpose, and at the same time these addons do allow up-loadable attachments, so with that being said If there is enough interest and if its of no consequence to the developer then let it be included as an acp option, if not then perhaps privately messaging the dev for a quote to see if he'd be willing to add up-loadable attachments specifically for your site. :coffee:

That's where you and everyone else who disagree doesn't make any sense. Blogs, shop and wiki addons aren't a downloads system and you can still upload attachments in them. Think outside the box.
All of which make use of images and it makes more sense to use the attachment system rather than write a completely new system for handling just images, right?

Stop trying to force features you want when developers do not think they fit the add-on, or do not think they fit the add-on at this point. Pestering and badgering for features you want is counter productive as all it'll do is make the developer think of you as nothing more than an annoyance and will get you thrown on their ignore list.

Don't even bother arguing this with me. I know Bob won't add it but I'll always champion it as a feature. If you don't like it, oh well.

It would still be nice to completely disable the review part, as it still shows in the sidebar. People then start wondering why they can't review.

The custom fields have proved really useful on my site. I've been able to hook into them via a Page and create a Powerboard listing the BHP of all the cars in the Garage

http://www.z22se.co.uk/forum/pages/powerboard/
powerboard.webp

I'm still getting my head around the XF framework, but I'm sure there is a lot more that can also be done with this (y)

Reactions: Bob
Top Bottom