Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
There is sort of a roadmap if you look at the suggestions forum on Bob's website:

http://addons.nfljunkies.com/forums/suggestions.37/

As for the fireplace website scenario, I think it would be great for it. The feature missing that could be a struggle, especially for my users, is the lack of a draft feature. If only a handful of people are producing content, it's ok to get them to assemble data offline and fine tune it before posting, but for most, I think it can be prohibitive to not be able to start a showcase item and come back to it to refine and add to it before posting it publicly. I suggested it on the suggestions forum and it has been marked for future consideration, so it might happen down the road, but it won't be anytime soon. :(

Could I ask how you styled the trail guide pages? A bit of an example would be great if you could :)

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but here's the big picture of what I did. I had to add some custom fields into my database and then add the code into the php files to read and write to them. I didn't know how to do that at first but Bob helped me out and now it's pretty easy. I'm going to create a screen capture video soon to help others with that. Those custom fields handle the data in the sidebar like 'Coordinates', 'Distance', etc. They also populate the map on the map tab.

After that, I did a lot of template edits using Template Modifications System. There are 43 active template edits to my showcase install right now. Most of them are pretty basic, but some of the more complicated ones rearranged the tab structure and inserted the secondary tabs into the main content. I basically took the TinyMCE editor for each one of those and made it it's own section in the main tab. So where you see 'Overview', 'Trailhead', etc. Each one of those is it's own TinyMCE editor. That made it so I could style headings for each section and make it so that if a user doesn't supply information in a specific section, say the "Permits & Regulations" section, then that heading won't appear in the trail guide.

The remaining tabs are populated by a map, videos and photos if they are present. Only the videos tab actually uses a TinyMCE editor, the maps tab is google maps javascript with variable populated by data from the database.

I had to write a fair amount of extra CSS to style all of those edits, most of which I just added to Extra.CSS.

Here are some screen shots of what the showcase item creation process now looks like in my modified system:

Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 1.42.08 PM.webp Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 1.42.25 PM.webp

And this is a finished trail guide:
http://backcountrypost.com/forum/index.php?trail-guides/kermsuh-lake.42/

If you want to poke around, you're welcome to sign up on my site. All registered on my site are able to create a trail guide so you could see how it's all structured. If it gets submitted, it goes into moderation.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but here's the big picture of what I did. I had to add some custom fields into my database and then add the code into the php files to read and write to them. I didn't know how to do that at first but Bob helped me out and now it's pretty easy. I'm going to create a screen capture video soon to help others with that. Those custom fields handle the data in the sidebar like 'Coordinates', 'Distance', etc. They also populate the map on the map tab.

After that, I did a lot of template edits using Template Modifications System. There are 43 active template edits to my showcase install right now. Most of them are pretty basic, but some of the more complicated ones rearranged the tab structure and inserted the secondary tabs into the main content. I basically took the TinyMCE editor for each one of those and made it it's own section in the main tab. So where you see 'Overview', 'Trailhead', etc. Each one of those is it's own TinyMCE editor. That made it so I could style headings for each section and make it so that if a user doesn't supply information in a specific section, say the "Permits & Regulations" section, then that heading won't appear in the trail guide.

The remaining tabs are populated by a map, videos and photos if they are present. Only the videos tab actually uses a TinyMCE editor, the maps tab is google maps javascript with variable populated by data from the database.

I had to write a fair amount of extra CSS to style all of those edits, most of which I just added to Extra.CSS.

Here are some screen shots of what the showcase item creation process now looks like in my modified system:

View attachment 39590 View attachment 39591

If you want to poke around, you're welcome to sign up on my site. All registered on my site are able to create a trail guide so you could see how it's all structured. If it gets submitted, it goes into moderation.

Thanks for taking the time to explain :-)

It definitely shows off the potential.

So I'm trying this out - stock....two quick questions:

1. The single image which links to the actual showcase item - is that always the last one you upload? Or can each showcase entry somehow be set as to which it's "title" graphic is?

2. The blurb describing the entry has BBcode in it because the main entry has an image in it shortly after a couple words of text.

See enclosed for both. I would have rather the pic been another one....of the 6 associated with the entry. Unfortunately, this test install is behind closed doors so I can't link to it.
Screen Shot 2013-01-23 at 6.12.48 PM.webp

1. The single image which links to the actual showcase item - is that always the last one you upload? Or can each showcase entry somehow be set as to which it's "title" graphic is?

1. It is always the FIRST image uploaded.

To fix, delete all images really quickly (just go into it and remove all from the edit screen) upload the image you want shown FIRST, then upload the rest.

bobster65 updated Showcase with a new update entry:

1.0.0 Stable

• Misc minor bug fixes (all reported bugs fixed)
  • Minor Template Changes
  • Misc minor CSS Changes
  • Added new functionality 'Alphabetical Item Sorting'
  • Added new functionality 'Control "nofollow" URLs integration'
  • Added new functionality 'Social Integration - Share this page'
  • Added new option 'Tabbed Items Sidebar Block'
  • Added new option 'Node List Items Module'
  • Added new option 'Node List Module'
New Functionality:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

has anyone used showcase to do player profiles for a sports team? doable?

you might want to inbox stewart1champ and talk to him about how he approached doing character profiles for his walking dead site (which would be a similar approach).

It would be awesome if we can arrange what order the featured, top rated, most recent etc. on showcase home....other than that we use it for basically a review manager ;)

View attachment 39590 View attachment 39591

Just signed up to have a play :-)

My first question is how did you get each section here

Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 16.14.19.webp

to appear as one continuous entry here with sub-headings, etc?

Screen Shot 2013-01-25 at 16.14.27.webp

Top Bottom