Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
I just hand drew a sketch on paper, and scanned it in via my craptacular old printer scanner - then imported it into PS and started playing with it.

Like you I would REALLY love a tablet, but I also cannot justify it right now, especially with moving into a different line of business :p

Sorry Bobster...

We love you really *smoooch* - will stop talking arty farty crap in a minute, promise :)

Updated this without a issue this time around (except I forgot to upload the xenPorta blocks, twice).

Also took me about five minutes to redo my old styling, which is why I love reusing xF classes :D

Suggestion: Not sure whether it's feasible but I was wondering whether it would be beneficial to include a title of some kind to the top sidebar block on .nflj_showcase_item page. Screenshot explains it. :)

Attachments

• usernames-gallery.webp
    usernames-gallery.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: Bob
Suggestion: Not sure whether it's feasible but I was wondering whether it would be beneficial to include a title of some kind to the top sidebar block on .nflj_showcase_item page. Screenshot explains it. :)

agreed... originally, that was just a static image that did nothing, but someone suggested that it could launch the gallery, so I modified it to do so. Could you please add this to the suggestions forum so that I can track it? :)

agreed... originally, that was just a static image that did nothing, but someone suggested that it could launch the gallery, so I modified it to do so. Could you please add this to the suggestions forum so that I can track it? :)

Thanks Bobster. And sure i can just going there now and posting it up. :)

What I'll do and if you don't mind for future reference If i post suggestions i'll do it at both forums here and yours so you can keep track and members here can see what is being suggested whether that is suggestions being approved/declined or considered. :)

Looks awesome Nick!! Its come a long ways since I first saw it :D Really shows what you can do with this addon!

Nick, that is great work! :)

Bobster, with their permission, you may want to place those as demos on the first post :D

I'm trying to get ideas from everyone before implementing my version of the Showcase. So, I hope others share their ideas so that I can steal .. err, I can draw inspiration from them ;)

There are 6 XenPorta Blocks and 5 [bd] Widget Framework Renders (for widgets). I chose to spend time on those during the early versions instead of xf forum home sidebar when everyone (at the time) wanted Portal Blocks and Widgets instead. Forum Home sidebar blocks will be part of core before it goes stable. I'll probably include them in the next RC which will be this coming week.
The week came and went, but no update as promised.

Question: Is the TagMe addon, compatible with this addon?

No. TagMe is built for core xenforo functionalities like Threads, Posts, Profile comments. If/when I have discussion thread integration built in similar to the RM, then it will be compatible within those threads.

Suggestion: When someone post there time slip can you have it show up in there signature section..

No. You need to have a specific addon to do something like that.

Create a Timeslips Database for a Car Site..
They can upload there time slips and input there times and it will show them in a certain order. (fastest car first)

Example
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/timeslips.php

Thanks

You can easily customize/extend this addon to make it more specific to your needs. One of the license holders that has done A LOT of customization is putting together a screen cast howto for custom fields. I also do customizations for people that don't want to attempt it on their own or don't have time.

I'm really starting to warm to the idea of this add-on!

I've been torn as to what my site really needs - whether a user gallery, user blogs, etc. - but this seems like it may fit better.....

Thinking out loud here - maybe someone familiar with showcase can give me the scoop. I run a site about wood burning and pellet burning stoves, firewood harvesting and splitting, etc.

As with any site, only a certain (small) portion of the users are really going to blog, use a gallery or use this add-on.

I'm thinking that they would use showcase to show off their entire projects - which include, for example:
1. Building a woodshed
2. The complete installation of a wood burning boiler and storage tank
3. Or simply a nice completed wood stove or fireplace installation from various angles along with some explanation.

On my site, the idea of blogging (date order, new, etc.) has little or no importance - these types of projects are relatively timeless.

So, for that type of use - maybe 50 members out of 25K might use this - does this sound like the best idea? Also, I'm hoping that I have to do no customizing except setting up 3 or 4 categories (finished projects, installations and maybe misc) and then let my users have at it. Does that sound right?

Thanks for any opinions on this. I already installed attachment manager for the plain re-use of attachments, but as of now my users use regular threads to detail their projects.....

Top Bottom