Resource icon

Show message (notice) when creating thread in a specific forum.

Vincent

VincentU submitted a new resource:

Show message (notice) when creating thread in a specific forum. (version 1.0) - Shows a notice at the "Create Thread" page in a specific forum.

This hows a notice at the "Create Thread" page in a specific forum.
This can be useful to ask the users to re-read specific forum rules.
  1. Create a New Notice (Add title, message...)
  2. Go to Page Criteria
  • Select the Node(s) you prefer.
  • Tick "Controller and Action is"
  • Fill in: "XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum"::"CreateThread" (Without the quotes)
Save and all done.

Read more about this resource...

Hi @Vincent , thanks for this addon :)
How it works? I use XF 1.2.1. I'm testing but when i create thread have not notice...
In user criteria i must set what options?
Thanks
Antonio

Hi @Vincent , thanks for this addon :)
How it works? I use XF 1.2.1. I'm testing but when i create thread have not notice...
In user criteria i must set what options?
Thanks
Antonio

You shouldn't alter the User Criteria. The basic information and the Page Criteria is all you need. You sure you're entering the Controller and Action right?

Ok, no altered user criteria and i have entered right Controller and Action...but not works...
I create thread and when i submit thread the notice not shows.

Hello Vincent.
Thanks for this great tip.
Could be possible add a notice when create a resource in specific category? :coffee:

I tried this and could not get it to work at first, then I realized I revised an existing notice which I had already dismissed.:oops: As soon as I Reset the Notice, it worked perfectly! (y)

In our For Sale forum sometimes members will post an ad and need to revise it after their editing capability has expired.(i.e. lower price, additional details, etc.) As such, I use @AndyB's Change Limit add-on to extend the date they can revise their own post. Now, with the use of this Tip/Guide I created a notice to inform them of this capability as the need arises.(i.e. They realize they can ask me to extend the edit deadline if necessary.)

I suggest allowing your members to edit their post without any limits in classified forums.
I had no idea that was even possible. :oops: In looking, I assume it's set via the Node Permissions, where you just set an override value for users to Edit/Delete their own posts for a particular user group?

P.S.
Another good place to use this Tip/Guide is if you have an Introductions Forum for new users.(i.e. Notice can suggest some content like hobbies, day job, etc.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom