1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show message (notice) when creating thread in a specific forum.

Shows a notice at the "Create Thread" page in a specific forum.

1. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

VincentU submitted a new resource:

Show message (notice) when creating thread in a specific forum. (version 1.0) - Shows a notice at the "Create Thread" page in a specific forum.

Read more about this resource...
    Big Dan likes this.
  2. macroforum

macroforum Active Member

Hi @Vincent , thanks for this addon :)
    How it works? I use XF 1.2.1. I'm testing but when i create thread have not notice...
    In user criteria i must set what options?
  3. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

You shouldn't alter the User Criteria. The basic information and the Page Criteria is all you need. You sure you're entering the Controller and Action right?
  4. macroforum

macroforum Active Member

Ok, no altered user criteria and i have entered right Controller and Action...but not works...
    I create thread and when i submit thread the notice not shows.
  5. sami simo

sami simo Well-Known Member

useful information
    Is it possible to show this message After thread creation not before?
  6. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

Hello Vincent.
    Thanks for this great tip.
    Could be possible add a notice when create a resource in specific category? :coffee:
  7. Big Dan

Big Dan Active Member

Worked like a charm. Thank you!
  8. TheComputerGuy

TheComputerGuy Active Member

I'm going to test this is 1.5
  9. phtvs

phtvs Member

Can i use this to show a message when someone posts a reply in a topic?
  10. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

For that I think you need a template modification with conditionals
    phtvs likes this.
  11. adwade

adwade Active Member

I tried this and could not get it to work at first, then I realized I revised an existing notice which I had already dismissed.:oops: As soon as I Reset the Notice, it worked perfectly! (y)

In our For Sale forum sometimes members will post an ad and need to revise it after their editing capability has expired.(i.e. lower price, additional details, etc.) As such, I use @AndyB's Change Limit add-on to extend the date they can revise their own post. Now, with the use of this Tip/Guide I created a notice to inform them of this capability as the need arises.(i.e. They realize they can ask me to extend the edit deadline if necessary.)
  12. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I suggest allowing your members to edit their post without any limits in classified forums.
    adwade likes this.
  13. adwade

adwade Active Member

I had no idea that was even possible. :oops: In looking, I assume it's set via the Node Permissions, where you just set an override value for users to Edit/Delete their own posts for a particular user group?

Another good place to use this Tip/Guide is if you have an Introductions Forum for new users.(i.e. Notice can suggest some content like hobbies, day job, etc.)
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  14. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member