XF 2.2 Share then copy on iOS doesn't have URL

PRSLou

Hello,

I looked around to see if this was already reported, but I didn't see anything related.

On iOS, if I click the share button on a particular post then use, say, the messages app, it appears to work fine - the title of the thread and the URL to that particular post is in the message body. However, if I click the share button then click Copy, only the thread title is copied to the clipboard (e.g. "Post in thread 'What is your favorite car?'), not the thread title and URL.

Has anyone else run into this? It appears to be a bug to me.

Weird, okay, I just tested it here and it seems to work. It's actually working on my site too when I paste directly into the reply body. Where it doesn't work is pasting it into certain other places, but it looks like it's trying to paste formatted text in those cases - with the link embedded under the title. For example, pasting it into Notes on iOS works that way and the link works too, but other times it strips out the link and you just get the text part.

Although there is some inconsistency, which is what I was seeing when I first tested, it looks like that comes down to an OS anomaly rather than an issue in XF.

Thanks for taking a look!

Top Bottom