Thread Redirection allows you to create a thread in your forum and set a redirection URL. When a user clicks the link to the thread they will be redirected to the the URL you provided.
This is based on the thread redirection system already built into XenForo when you move a thread from one forum to another. Because it acts like a regular post, you have to have some content in the message.
You could just use a link forum, but I wanted threads showing up in the forum, rather than subforums. I want to extend this more to hopefully knock out the known issues.
- Upload the contents of the upload folder to your XenForo installation folder.
- Login to your XenForo ACP and click on the Install Add-on link.
- Browse to the location of the XML file in this package.
- Click Install Add-On.
- Adjust permissions by going to Permissions >Forum Permissions.
- Once you make a thread and set the redirection URL you can't edit the URL, you have to delete the thread and start again.
- Clicks on the link don't count as a view for the thread.
- Thread's don't show up under a forum's activity.
- 09 January 2012 - Initial Release v1.0
44.9 KB Views: 58
40 KB Views: 69
103.9 KB Views: 65
9.5 KB Views: 31