1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 set up a multilanguage forum

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by localhost8080, Aug 1, 2013.

1. localhost8080

localhost8080 Well-Known Member

I'd like to merke 2 forums (english and german) into one forum.

On phpbb2, I've developed a connector that both forums used one user pool and they could switch between booth forums by tabs.

is something like this possible with xen?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Why not just have two top level categories and the forums below them?

Then just have two languages to select from: English, German.
    aiman.h.kallaf likes this.
  3. localhost8080

Yes. But then I'd have double amount of nodes and the users have to scroll like hell. Also, english users have no interest on german topics if they scroll or call new topics
  4. Brogan

Bear in mind if you take the approach you want to you will need two licenses.
  5. localhost8080

licensing is no problem.

I'd like to have something like a tab for each language, one user- & theme management but users have to decide what language-forums they want see content from... something like this :)
  6. Brogan

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You could also have an english theme and german theme and use CSS to hide the other categories, but other than that, just look and function the same.
  8. Brogan

Hiding the categories wouldn't stop the content from appearing in the news feed or recent activity, which I presume is also what the OP wants.
    Jeremy likes this.