1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Server log errors help

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by mrb1972, Mar 24, 2012.

1. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

Hi,

I am getting these two server log errors, I wonder if anyone could try and help me fix them

1. I guess this is to do with the VB4+VBSEO redircts
    Code:
    ErrorException: ob_clean() [<a href='ref.outcontrol'>ref.outcontrol</a>]: failed to delete buffer. No buffer to delete. - forums/vbseo.php:176
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 8 minutes ago
    2. No idea about this one
    Code:
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
    Generated By: AS, Yesterday at 10:24 PM
    thanks

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you post the full stack trace for each error? When you click the error in the log it will give you the full trace.

#1 is obviously something to do with vBSEO.

3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

did you copy the xenforo files into the same directory, where you had vB & vbseo installed?:D

4. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

ok but just to backtrack I was getting this error to start with - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/archive-re-directs.25457/#post-308567

I applied the P fix which stopped the error but has produced the new error posted here

Anyway here is the stack trace - thanks

Code:
    #0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    #1 /var/www/vhosts/manutdtalk.com/httpdocs/forums/vbseo.php(176): ob_clean()
    #2 {main}

5. Jake Bunce

Do you know what that vbseo.php file is? That is not a XF file so it's strange that it's showing up in the XF error log. That means requests for that file are being handled by XF. My suspicion is that it's a file leftover from vB that is no longer needed.

6. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

Yes that folder is the old vb4 one, I thought it may be being used to redirect the vbseo urls to xf and needed to be left

7. ragtek

ragtek Guest

8. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

Ok thanks I will give it a try

I assume I can remove all the files from the old forums apart from the redirects scripts and htacesss? Is that right.

9. Jake Bunce

Correct.

10. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

ok if I delete the vbseo folder and vbseo.php the redirects stop working

11. Jake Bunce

If you are relying on the old vBSEO rewrite rules then those files may still be required for the redirects.

12. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

yes I am rewriting the VBSEO rules so I guess I need to keep them for a while - which brings me back to the orginal error in the server log in the first post - should I just ignore it or try to fix the error?

13. Jake Bunce

Well you can debug the error by looking at the line number from the error message:

forums/vbseo.php:176

If you are a programmer then you can look at the code and try to figure out what is going on.

14. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

it just says
    Code:
    ob_clean();
    not a great help really

This error old happens after I have applied the P fix to sort out preg_match error

15. Jake Bunce

Context is required. You need to look at all of the code to see what it's doing. It's not a XF file so I don't have the code. I don't even know what that script does so I won't be much help in answering this question of curiosity about the error.

16. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

I dont really know to be honest, im not a good enough programmer to work it out, I guess I will just have to leave it for now - the redicrects seem to be working

17. Jake Bunce

I just encountered this same error during an import. Since I was doing the import I had access to troubleshoot the error. I was able to fix the problem by editing the vbseo.php file and adding the red code:

Code:
    if (VBSEO_404_HANDLE == 2)
    {
    $vbseo_incf = VBSEO_404_CUSTOM;
    if ($vbseo_incf[0] != '/')
    $vbseo_incf = dirname(__FILE__) . '/' . $vbseo_incf;
    include($vbseo_incf);
    exit;
    }
    else
    vbseo_404_routine($vbseo_url_);
    }
    }
    ob_start();
    include (dirname(__FILE__) . '/archive/'.$arcscript.'.' . VBSEO_VB_EXT);
    $output = ob_get_contents();
    @ob_end_clean();
    error_reporting(0);
    $GLOBALS['vbseo_notop_url'] = true;
    $output = make_crawlable($output);
    echo $output;
    exit();
    }
    }
    if (VBSEO_IS_ROBOT)
    {
    $vbseo_non_clean = array('pp', 'highlight', 'order', 'sort', 'daysprune', 'referrerid');
    foreach($vbseo_non_clean as $vbseo_nn)
    if (isset($_GET[$vbseo_nn]))
    vbseo_safe_redirect($vbseo_url_, $vbseo_non_clean);
    }

The @ fixes the immediate error you posted about. error_reporting(0); fixes a subsequent error that turned up after fixing the first error.

18. mrb1972

mrb1972 Active Member

Great, thanks for letting me know - I will give it a try