1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Error

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by onthefly, Oct 12, 2010.

1. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

I am having some troubles installing can someone help me out?

Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'fields MEDIUMBLOB NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (content_type) ) ENGINE = InnoDB CHAR' at line 4
    1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/53052/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/53052/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/53052/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 467
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/53052/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php at line 153
    5. XenForo_Install_Model_Install->createApplicationTables() in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/53052/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 200
    6. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2() in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/53052/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
    7. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/53052/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /nfs/c03/h02/mnt/53052/domains/flytyingbug.com/html/install/index.php at line 17

2. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

What version of
    MySQL?
    php ?

and type of server ? OS ?

3. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

PHP Version 5.3.2
    MySQL 4.1.25

MediaTemple Grid server

I ran the script you guys provided before purchasing and it said I was good to go!

Blandt likes this.
  4. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Can you Upgrade your MySQL server ? As the script doesn't check for the db version.

onthefly likes this.
  5. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

The latest MySQL is 5.1

6. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

Great! Just my luck! Hopefully I can upgrade it!

7. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

So did it work ?

8. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

Not yet, I dont think I can actually upgrade it my self and wouldn't now where to start. I sent a support request to media temple requesting them to upgrade but who knows when i will hear back from them, hopefully sooner than later? Would that be the only way to do it?

9. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Do you have ssh access ? I can guide you through it

10. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

Yes i do but I dont know how to use it :rolleyes:

11. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

ok

I need to know what OS you are running? and which version ?

12. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

XP

13. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

No ! your server

14. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

15. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Hmmm ok :)
    it's ok, we'll wait for your host, if they don't help you. We will ;)

16. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

hmmm Ok I went to your hosting site.

Ask for their help. I don't think you have MySQL installed on your VPS .....

17. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

I have the GridService, and MYSQL Picture2.png

18. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

Yes.. but it's not hosted locally ... and when installing xenforo, you need to enter where your MySQL is.

Ask your host if you have MySQL on localhost or on a dedicated server

19. Blandt

Blandt Well-Known Member

and I wonder why they have MySQL 4 for production hmmmm weired their site seems top notch

20. onthefly

onthefly Active Member

Gotcha! I added that to the support request. Will the answer to "localhost or on a dedicated server" effect the installation from happening or not?