Fixed  server error when creating new child style

anotheralias

When trying to create a new style as the child of a parent style, I get this message:

Tools
Error

A server error occurred. Please try again later.

The new child style name appears under the parent style, but there's no cache-and-template-building phase, it just goes straight to the error message instantly.

I haven't had any problem with this until now and I've probably created about a dozen child styles. I tried to do this with two different styles just to be sure it wasn't something about the parent style.

Enable debug mode by adding this line to your library/config.php file:

Code:
$config['debug'] = 1;

Then try to reproduce the problem again. That may reveal a more detailed error message that the devs can work with.

Thanks Jake! I knew there was more I was supposed to do, but I didn't know how. (First time I ever reported a bug.) Will do and report back. :)

This is the full error report when I try to add a child style:

Server Error

Argument 1 passed to XenForo_Model_Template::compileTemplateInStyleTree() must be an array, boolean given, called in /[editing out my personal info] /library/XenForo/Model/Template.php on line 873 and defined
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 905
  2. XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 873
  3. XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 834
  4. XenForo_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in XenForo/CacheRebuilder/Template.php at line 36
  5. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_Template->rebuild() in XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
  6. XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 63
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionCacheRebuild() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /[editing out my personal info]/admin.php at line 13

Actually this isn't a bug so much as it is a problem that I can't fix, and meanwhile I can't create any styles. Could a Moderator please move this to General Troubleshooting for me? Thanks very much.

Enable debug mode by adding this line to your library/config.php file:

Code:
$config['debug'] = 1;

I am really, really sorry to badger Support again, but even though I deleted this line from library/config.php the (gigantic, neon)messages are still showing up, and I don't know how to get rid of them.

I am really, really sorry to badger Support again, but even though I deleted this line from library/config.php the (gigantic, neon)messages are still showing up, and I don't know how to get rid of them.

Do you see debug stats at the bottom of each forum page?

Timing: 0.2365 seconds Memory: 9.117 MB DB Queries: 11

If so then debug mode is still enabled and you need to edit the config file to remove that line.

Thank you Jake. No, there's nothing like that at the bottom of the page. Did I need to do anything to get out of debug mode besides delete that line from config.php? (Which I did?)

Us running into it involved some bad code that was never released. I'm not sure how it happened to you. If it happens, you can probably fix it by reimporting the master data by going to <url>/install/ .

Top Bottom