1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Error Logs?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by BizBuzz, Oct 8, 2014.

1. BizBuzz

BizBuzz Member

I have had over 1000 errors since yesterday at 11:18am, the most recent looks like this:

ErrorException: Undefined variable: _POST - library/XenForo/ControllerHelper/ForumThreadPost.php:1
    Generated By: Biz, 7 minutes ago

The first one looks like this:

ErrorException: Undefined variable: _POST - library/XenForo/ControllerHelper/ForumThreadPost.php:1
    Generated By:Biz, Yesterday at 11:18 AM

What other information do you need from me to figure out what I need to do to fix the error?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Post the full error trace including the title and all content.

3. BizBuzz

BizBuzz Member

For the first one I listed above (I did change my log in directory name to just xxx's):

Stack Trace:

Deleted by me (Biz)

Request State:

Deleted by me (Biz)

Is this enough information?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  4. BizBuzz

BizBuzz Member

I don't know if you need this information, but I am on Version 1.3.5 - sorry I forgot to add that earlier.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Can you run the file health check in the control panel?

6. BizBuzz

BizBuzz Member

1. install/templates/install_config_generated.php File does not contain expected contents.
    2. install/templates/install_wrapper.php File does not contain expected contents.
    3. library/XenForo/Deferred/EmailTemplate.php File does not contain expected contents.
    4. library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php File does not contain expected contents.
    5. library/XenForo/ReportHandler/ConversationMessage.php File does not contain expected contents.
    6. library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Editor.php File does not contain expected contents.
    7. library/XenForo/NodeHandler/Page.php File does not contain expected contents.
    8. library/XenForo/ModeratorLogHandler/Thread.php File does not contain expected contents.
    9. library/XenForo/ControllerHelper/ForumThreadPost.php File does not contain expected contents.

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It looks like there were some issues when you uploaded the files.

Try uploading the upgrade .zip again.
    I recommend using WinSCP.

8. BizBuzz

BizBuzz Member

Ok, thanks, I went ahead and upgraded to 1.4.1 and that seemed to have fixed the errors. Superb service!