1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Server Error Log: Incorrect authentication data

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by JordanH, Nov 9, 2013.

1. JordanH

JordanH Well-Known Member

Hello.
    It has come to me that new users registering on the site now with update 1.2.3 does not get the emails to confirm registration.

here is what the server error log says:

Code:
    Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Incorrect authentication data - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431
    Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 1:10 AM
    Stack Trace
    #0 /home/webgurub/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp/Auth/Login.php(95): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_expect(235)
    #1 /home/webgurub/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(217): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp_Auth_Login->auth()
    #2 /home/webgurub/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(200): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->helo('localhost')
    #3 /home/webgurub/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
    #4 /home/webgurub/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #5 /home/webgurub/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(177): Zend_Mail->send()
    #6 /home/webgurub/public_html/library/XenForo/Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
    #7 /home/webgurub/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/UserConfirmation.php(136): XenForo_Mail->send('amzimmer2013@gm...', 'Teg')
    #8 /home/webgurub/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(303): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
    #9 /home/webgurub/public_html/library/*******/Credits/ControllerPublic/Register.php(18): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
    #10 /home/webgurub/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): *******_Credits_ControllerPublic_Register->actionRegister()
    #11 /home/webgurub/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #12 /home/webgurub/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #13 {main}
    any help?

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

May be an issue with your host; try contacting it.

3. JordanH

JordanH Well-Known Member

I host it on my own servers.
    I have never had the problem before.

4. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Looks like a potential problem with:

******* Credits

5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you using SMTP? Verify your credentials.