1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Error after Upgrade

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Andrej, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

I have helped a few users with upgrades to the latest version, and after upgrading Blueprint4Love forum there are those messages over the whole forum, including Admin CP:

I was able to upgrade my own forums and other forums without problems. I tried disabling all add-ons but that didn't help much.

Core Freedom likes this.
  2. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

I forgot to note that it was a upgrade from 1.1 Beta 3 to Release Candidate 1.

Core Freedom likes this.
  3. ragtek

ragtek Guest

check if the node_id column exists in the xf_forum table!

Core Freedom likes this.
  4. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

It is missing, what to do?

Core Freedom likes this.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You'd basically have to restore from a backup. There's no reason that should have happened unless it was (accidentally?) manually removed.

Core Freedom likes this.
  6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

IMO you should restore the database backup (which you hopefully created before the upgrade:p )

Core Freedom likes this.
  7. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

I have not touched the database at all, I just performed the upgrade, that is really weird. I see about restoring a backup..

Core Freedom likes this.
  8. Core Freedom

Core Freedom Well-Known Member

Yes, made a back up right before (now let's hope I did that right). :D

Andrej likes this.
  9. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

After you restore the backup, you should run the upgrader again seeing that your files are from the lastest version. That is so the database can be brought up to date with the files.

An upgrade shouldn''t remove any db columns or anything else for that matter. Did you get any error/s during the upgrade process?

P.s. Can you try to recreate the missing column and see if that would help?

Core Freedom likes this.
  10. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Nope, no errors at all. I never touched the database until the point of this error. But we are now trying to restore a full backup, so we run the upgrade process again once we get everything restored prior to the problems. :)

Core Freedom and borbole like this.