1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Server Clock Times Messed UP, can't post on threads.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by faeronsayn, Oct 30, 2011.

1. faeronsayn

faeronsayn Well-Known Member

On some threads I cannot post, I guess its because they are made in October 31st and its only october 30th where I am.

I've just switched servers, so that might be the reason...

this is the error I am getting on some of the threads...

Code:
    The following error occurred:
    Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion.
    [LIST=1]
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_setPosition() in XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage.php at line 327
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage->_preSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1414
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 480
    [*]XenForo_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XfRu/MergeDoubleUserPost/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 49
    [*]XfRu_MergeDoubleUserPost_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionAddReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/shadygam/public_html/index.php at line 13
    [/LIST]

Should I rebuild post counters / Position ... or maybe rebuild the thread information?
    Would that help, or what should I do ?

2. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

You do know the clocks went back an hour in the UK last night

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is the server time on the new server set correctly?

faeronsayn likes this.
  4. faeronsayn

faeronsayn Well-Known Member

What do you mean by correctly?

I have WHM ... and in there I can set the server time.

I've set it to Canada/Atlantic , but there is an option to

so i am not sure...

Whats happening right now is that there is a post for october 31st 12:11 AM ... i think thats the latest one, on that thread I cannot post, since its only October 30th 1:13 PM.

Not sure how to fix that...?

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You'd need to delete the posts with the wrong time or wait until you pass that time.

faeronsayn likes this.
  6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yep, my current web host done that to me a little while back. Just had to wait it out.

7. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

So does this mean that during time-change, there's an hour where users cannot post replies to a thread? (US changes clocks next week, is why I'm asking)

8. Mike

No, he moved servers.

9. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

But wont this still occur when the time is changed back?

Cannot insert a message in the middle of a discussion.

10. Mike

Without getting into details, the time doesn't change - your time zone does.

Dodgeboard likes this.