1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Separation Comma Missing on Shared IPs Overlay

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Amaury, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

In the member_shared_ips template, this line should be changed from this:

Code:
    <a class="ip concealed" href="{xen:link misc/ip-info, '', 'ip={$ipLog.ip_address}'}" target="_blank">{$ipLog.ip_address}</a>
    To this:

Code:
    <a class="ip concealed" href="{xen:link misc/ip-info, '', 'ip={$ipLog.ip_address}'}" target="_blank">{$ipLog.ip_address}</a>,

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's not completely correct.

What if there is only one IP address? What about the final IP address? Should that have a comma on the end?

It's not impossible to deal with this in code, and this case may not be intentional, but I can also imagine it would be intentional.

3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I should have clarified, so that's my bad.

I was talking in regards to the date. Currently, it's "[IP address] Today at 12:00 AM" instead of "[IP address], Today at 12:00 AM."

This code comes after the code I posted above:

Code:
    <xen:datetime time="{$ipLog.log_date}" />

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Sorry, you're right. I thought you were suggesting it should be a comma separated list of IP addresses, but it isn't in that format anyway.

Doesn't bother me either way, personally.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There are various places where we do use color alone as a separator value. This is not unexpected.

Amaury likes this.
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Going by the default style, you're referring to the IPs being in a darker text and the date stamps being in a lighter gray text, correct?

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yes. Or in other places, the use of the link color to denote a thread title rather than quotes.

Amaury likes this.