[OzzModz] SEO & Index Tools [Deleted]

Nulumia updated SEO & Index Tools with a new update entry:

Tons of bugfixes, UI.X, improvements, indexing system tweaks

Changelog
  • Fixed a bug which could cause "Unknown column or getter nofollow" on Admin -> Public navigation entries
  • Improved handling of the navigation rel=nofollow feature
  • Custom page titles now work in all cases in UI.X theme
  • Fixed several phrasing issues
  • Significantly streamlined and cleaned addon templates
  • Numerous small PHP improvements, cleanup
  • Improved handling of the Google Live Preview feature
    • Fixed a bug which could still cause "argument...

Read the rest of this update entry...

When enabled, the release candidate disrupts the "edit article" screen for AMS, stripping away the formatting and such.

Absolutely huge patch with a lot of improvements.

New word counter to help reaching words per page goals:

1643043186428.webp
This is an official plugin for Froala editor, slightly modified.

Quicklinks to manage category indexing:

1643043343516.webp

There's similar buttons for supported addons (DBTech, AMS, XFMG, etc). Helps to remind you that there's way more indexing that can be handled off this page :-)

Member noindexing
setting now changed, can be done in one click:

1643043441769.webp

thank you

I'm watching the latest update now

But I have a question

How can this tab be removed from visitors and members?
See the arrow in the picture 👇
1643049640676.webp

Error after last update:

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: method src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Service/Recommendation/Preparer.php:143
Generated by: Tex Jan 24, 2022 at 8:11 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Service/Recommendation/Preparer.php(143): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/boardga1/...', 143, Array)
#1 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Service/Recommendation/Preparer.php(50): Nulumia\SeoTools\Service\Recommendation\Preparer->getUserSitemapError(Object(ArrayObject), Array)
#2 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Admin/Controller/Index.php(32): Nulumia\SeoTools\Service\Recommendation\Preparer->getRecommendations()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): Nulumia\SeoTools\Admin\Controller\Index->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Nulumia\\SeoTool...', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Nulumia\SeoTools\Admin\Controller\Index), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Nulumia\SeoTools\Admin\Controller\Index), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#9 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#10 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(23) "/admin.php?nulumia-seo/"
  ["referrer"] => string(51) "xxxxx?add-ons/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["nulumia-seo/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'effective_allow_index' on XFA\Tournament:Category[1] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:206
Generated by: Tex Jan 24, 2022 at 8:22 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(118): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('effective_allow...')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/category_tree_macros.php(109): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('effective_allow...')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/xfa_tourn_category_list.php(14): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('category_tree_m...', 'category_list', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\LazyImageLoader\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('xfa_tourn_categ...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XFA\\Tournament:...', 'admin:xfa_tourn...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#11 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#13 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#14 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(33) "/admin.php?tournament/categories/"
  ["referrer"] => string(68) "xxxx/admin.php?options/groups/xfa_tourn/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tournament/categories/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Last edited:
Re-download as RC 2, sorry the left/right padding didn't show up clear in the test styles.
Thank you for your work, I have one question left at the moment.

How to make Google snippet preview when editing a resource show not the full name of the forum, but the name that is specified in the PAGE TITLES settings.

Now it turns out that if you shortened the name of the forum in PAGE TITLES, but when editing the resource, the Google snippet preview ignores this rule and shows the full name of the forum. Which makes it difficult to calculate the correct number of characters.

And a lot of mistakes
  • Code:
    ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: method
    src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Service/Recommendation/Preparer.php:159

#0 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Service/Recommendation/Preparer.php(159): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/artscript...', 159, Array)
    #1 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Service/Recommendation/Preparer.php(70): Nulumia\SeoTools\Service\Recommendation\Preparer->getUserUnlinkRecommendation(Object(ArrayObject), Array)
    #2 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/Admin/Controller/Index.php(32): Nulumia\SeoTools\Service\Recommendation\Preparer->getRecommendations()
    #3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): Nulumia\SeoTools\Admin\Controller\Index->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
    #4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('Nulumia\\SeoTool...', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Nulumia\SeoTools\Admin\Controller\Index), NULL)
    #5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Nulumia\SeoTools\Admin\Controller\Index), NULL)
    #6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
    #7 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
    #8 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
    #9 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
    #10 {main}

Updated to latest version today. Error when uploading a file to an existing XF Media/Album:

Code:
Error: Call to a member function canSetMetaFields() on null in src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XFMG/Entity/MediaItem.php at line 18
[LIST=1]
[*]Nulumia\SeoTools\XFMG\Entity\MediaItem->canSetMetaFields() in src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XFMG/Pub/Controller/Media.php at line 39
[*]Nulumia\SeoTools\XFMG\Pub\Controller\Media->setupMediaItemCreate() in src/addons/XFMG/Pub/Controller/Media.php at line 862
[*]XFMG\Pub\Controller\Media->actionSaveMedia() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 352
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 259
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 115
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 57
[*]XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2351
[*]XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 517
[*]XF::runApp() in index.php at line 20

Nulumia updated SEO & Index Tools with a new update entry:

Category tree improvements, bug fixes

Changelog
  • Removed the SEO staff bar link which could show in some instances (beta feature)
  • Fixed a bug which could cause "Unknown offset 'method'" on the Recommendations page
  • Fixed a bug which could cause a error 'canSetMetaFields' when adding media to XFMG albumns
  • Improved the category list index column handling for graceful deprecation when addons are present which use categories but aren't supported by the addon (i.e. [XFA] Tournaments)

To update your...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How to make Google snippet preview when editing a resource show not the full name of the forum, but the name that is specified in the PAGE TITLES settings.
This is a limitation right now, the Google Live Preview uses just the forum title and does not accurately reflect those set at the Page Titles settings. However the settings will be applied on the front-end.

I need to extend this to work in the preview mode.

Notes on XFMG​

Another limitation, currently the meta title & description system is a bit behind for XFMG, as these features have rapidly progressed on XF itself and other supported addons. This will be fully rectified in the next update.

There's another issue which stems from XFMG itself. There's a max character count when adding descriptions for media items, and the default value is quite low (300 I believe). Not great at all when writing contentful descriptions for SEO purposes, let alone indexing rules.

I will be bundling an option to switch between "max characters / max words" in XFMG, and then a new recommendation to review this setting after upgrading or installing SEO & Index Tools.

As such I wouldn't recommend setting min word count indexing rules for media as they would easily all fail out the box because of XFMG's low default value. And if you'd wish to apply min word counts, you'd technically have to review all your media items and rewrite descriptions.

This leads to another topic which I plan to eventually produce a Rebuild Tools / cron entry, which will scan supported content types (threads, resources, products etc) and flag entries which don't meet minimum requirements (at least min word counts). This would sort of act like a "Opportunity ranking content" system from such paid platforms as SemRush or aHrefs.

Please tell me how to change the template in AMS VIEW to replace the header with the meta header.

I need the meta title to be displayed instead of the article title.

To do as in the example:

2022-01-25 09.39.58.webp

This is being worked on from an earlier suggestion from this thread, the ability to change the on-page H1 title (<xf:title>).

EDITED
In the xa_ams_article_wrapper_macros template,

Find:
{{ prefix('ams_article', $article) }}{$article.title}

Replace with:
{{ prefix('ams_article', $article) }}{{ $article.AMSArticleItemMeta.meta_title ?: $article.title }}

@Alexov updated steps

Last edited:
I also use it and am mega satisfied. Some settings are super well thought out. I would like to wish something nevertheless.
If someone creates a post that I can change the metatags. I love (y)
  • Remove username links for guests
Check to remove the link to user profiles for guests/unlogged visitors. This can help in preventing user profile pages from being accessed by search engines.

so1.JPG

Bavarian language goes too :)

Please do not be angry. But I think you both should make your SEO one. In the end, it's the customers who buy it and the quality that counts. [Xen-Soluce] SEO Optimization and SEO & Index Tools would be a great application.

Last edited:
Please do not be angry. But I think you both should make your SEO one. In the end, it's the customers who buy it and the quality that counts. [Xen-Soluce] SEO Optimization and SEO & Index Tools would be a great application.
neither tags nor users should be scanned, this spoils the overall statistics of the project

With this I meant something else. When a user creates a topic that is not meaningful.
For me, topic titles are also SEO and often to optimize. If you do SEO then immediately perfect
When I buy an SEO add-on I don't want to have to install other SEO stuff. Then rather say right from the start what is not so good.

hgtg.JPG

Top Bottom